trans-2-Dodecenal, a colorless to slightly yellow liquid, is found in dairy products, chicken, coriander oil (Coriandrum sativum L.), peanuts, citrus oils and rice (see F-1). Previously known to occur only in plants, this material has been identified in the defensive secretion of the spiroboloid millipede Rhinocricus insulates, and shows promising antiviral and antibacterial properties.1-3
Molecule of the Month: trans-2-Dodecenal
October 15, 2009
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 205The Passion Fruit Core: 2-Methyl-4-propyl-1,3-oxathine
- 171Raw Material Bulletin: May 2016
- 127Progress in Essential Oils: Tagetes Oil
- 108Organic Flavor Clarification
- 70Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials: April 2016
- 49What Will Be the New Definition of 'Natural'?
- 48Natural Raw Materials for Natural WONF Flavors
- 47γ-Decalactone: March 2016
- 35Flavor Bites: 2-Acetyl Pyrazine
- 26Progress in Essential Oils: Turmeric Oil, Part 1