Symrise’s Vinylguaiacol nat. (C9H10O2, FEMA# 2675, CAS# 7786-61-0) is a clear, colorless to pale yellow liquid with a sweet, spicy, clovelike, smoked and phenolic character. This natural flavoring substance can be used in vanilla, whiskey, rum and chocolate flavors with a level of 50 ppb–10 ppm in food.
June 12, 2009
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 243Progress in Essential Oils: Celery Seed and Leaf Oils
- 227A Natural and a Pod: Commonalities in Vanilla and Tea Processing
- 219Sustainability in Madagascar's Vanilla Supply Chain
- 141Organic Flavor Clarification
- 119Burt’s Bees Goes Holistic With Plant-Based Protein Shakes
- 101Clean Labels Grow Into 2022
- 94Plant-Based Bacon Flavor? Industry-Tested, Vegan-Approved
- 81U.S. Vanilla Regulations—Time for an Update?
- 56The Citrus Trail
- 37Flavor Bites: 2-Acetyl Pyrazine