WEN International offers natural γ-hexalactone (FEMA# 2556, CAS# 695-06-7) as a material that can impart a herbaceous and sweet taste to flavors. Able to be used in carmel, nut, almond, toasted and tomato products, the ingredient naturally occurs in roasted filberts, dried grapes, bread, apricots, cocoa, green tea with jasmine and tomatoes.
June 24, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 244Progress in Essential Oils: Celery Seed and Leaf Oils
- 220A Natural and a Pod: Commonalities in Vanilla and Tea Processing
- 213Sustainability in Madagascar's Vanilla Supply Chain
- 136Organic Flavor Clarification
- 95Clean Labels Grow Into 2022
- 93Plant-Based Bacon Flavor? Industry-Tested, Vegan-Approved
- 84Burt’s Bees Goes Holistic With Plant-Based Protein Shakes
- 77U.S. Vanilla Regulations—Time for an Update?
- 58The Citrus Trail
- 35Flavor Bites: 2-Acetyl Pyrazine
- Progress in Essential Oils: Turmeric Oil, Part 1
2/29/2016, Brian M. Lawrence, Consultant
- γ-Decalactone: March 2016
2/29/2016, John Wright
- Raw Material Bulletin: August 2014
- Endpoint. Defending Nature’s F&F Sources
2/29/2016, Rachel L. Grabenhofer, Scientific Acquisitions Editor, Allured Business Media
- Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials: March 2016
2/29/2016, Judith Michalski, Senior Flavorist, abelei flavors