Fontarome Chemical Inc.'s 6-amyl-α-pyrone (FEMA# 3696, CAS# 27593-23-3), also a specialty ketone, offers notes of cocoa fruitiness, mushroom and blue cheese and includes a dairy odor. It is naturally occuring in peaches, plums, nectarines and grilled beef.
June 10, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 156Progress in Essential Oils: Spanish Marjoram Oil
- 145Organic Flavor Clarification
- 131In Safety Testing We Trust: Strengthening Natural Evaluation
- 118The Future of Artificial Flavors & Ingredients
- 84Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials
- 62Clean Labels Grow Into 2022
- 58The Continuing Evolution of Terpene Products and Specialties
- 48Mane Launches Authentic and Fresh Herb Range
- 42Aroma Chemicals From the Tropics
- 38Sustainability in Madagascar's Vanilla Supply Chain
- Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials: January 2005
5/5/2016, Gerard Mosciano
- Raw Material Bulletin: May 2016
- Progress in Essential Oils: Tagetes Oil
5/10/2016, Brian M. Lawrence
- Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials - July 2016
7/6/2016, Judith Michalski
- U.S. Vanilla Regulations—Time for an Update?
8/2/2016, Krishna Bala and Patrick Dunphy