As individual natural flavor chemicals have come onto the market, essential oils, absolutes and extracts have taken a back seat in natural flavor compositions, notes Marie Wright, flavor creation manager for IFF. Wright presented her insights into reconnecting with whole natural products during a talk titled "Secret Agents: the Mysterious and Magical Treasures of Taste," at the fall meeting of the Women in Flavor and Fragrance Commerce, "Saving Essential Oils," in Saddle Brook, New Jersey. In a recent conversation with P&F magazine, Wright discussed the advantages of essential oils and similar products in flavor compostitions, compared to individual components, and issues related to balancing cost with performance.
Reconnecting with Essential Oils
November 15, 2010
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 244Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials - July 2016
- 185Red Alert: Sensient Announces Super Heat Natural Red
- 121Organic Flavor Clarification
- 55Progress in Essential Oils: Tagetes Oil
- 37Natural Raw Materials for Natural WONF Flavors
- 34Raw Material Bulletin: May 2016
- 33γ-Decalactone: March 2016
- 30Progress in Essential Oils
- 20Caproic Acid
- 20The Composition of Blackcurrant Absolute (Ribes Nigrum)