Most Popular in:
The Language of Salt
By: Jeb Gleason-Allured
Posted: November 15, 2010, from the December 2010 issue of P&F magazine.
Purchase This Article
- From P&F Magazine
- December 2010 issue, pg 24
- 1 pages
- Adobe PDF for download
- Printed copies mailed to you
From $9 an article
The are three main phrases in the taste of salt, explains Sophie Davodeau, Givaudan's global head of sensory:
- Initial impact, comprising the first salty impression, or mineral "bite," which eventually slows down and makes room for
- Body and mouthfeel, in which odors become dominant before fading into
- Aftertaste, which for salt is described as both clean and lingering.
This is only an excerpt of the full article that appeared in P&F Magazine, but you can purchase the full-text version.