United States Patent 4,235,938 by Shu, et. al. (Nov. 25, 1980) and assigned to IFF discloses the use of 2,4,6-triisobutyl-5,6-dihydro-4H-1,3,5-dithiazine (lsited as: 5,6-dihydro-2,4,6-triisobutyl-4H-1,3,5-dithiazine), which has bacon, carmel, roasted meat, roasted nut or fowl flavor and aroma.
Ingredient Profile: 2,4,6-Triisobutyl-5,6-dihydro-4H-1,3,5-dithiazine
December 22, 2010
Most Popular in Multi-use
- 272Campbell’s Soup Modifies Original Recipe
- 70Flavor Encapsulation: Spray Drying
- 52Technical and Sensory Impacts of Clean Labels
- 33A Tale of Four Demos: The Process Flavorist’s Evolving Toolbox
- 30On the job: Becoming a Flavor Chemist
- 28Flavor Formulations at your Fingertips!
- 25Flavor Creation: 9 Lessons in How to Win
- 24Octanoic Acid
- 20Flavorcon: Focus on Ingredients
- Flavor Creation: 9 Lessons in How to Win
5/7/2009, John Bedford, Mastertaste Inc.
- The Flavorist's View: the Economy’s Impact on Consolidation, Unique Formulation, New Raw Materials and Training
1/16/2009, John Wright, flavorist and author
- Frugality is the New Key Driver in Flavors
1/19/2009, Scott Nadison, Flavor & Fragrance Specialties
- Flavor Bites: Flavor Creation in Germany
3/18/2009, John Wright
- Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials
3/18/2009, Gerard Mosciano