Most Popular in:
2007 Flavor and Trends Summary
Posted: August 21, 2007
page 2 of 2
- Two taste trend growth areas: North Africa spices and fruits; India fruits and spices.
- Two strong growth flavor areas: goji berry (wolfberry); acai berry.
Key emerging trends in the flavor market:
- Super ingredients—super fruits for antioxidant characteristics.
- Sustainability will replace organic: upper limit on what can be organic; focus will be on the sustainability of flavors, ingredients, etc., with respect to the environment.
- Appetite suppression: ability to eat, drink and not be hungry while losing weight.
- Exotic fruit and extracts become more obscure; consumers will seek out the really unknown products for their flavors and possible health benefits.
- Salt will become the new “demon”: sodium worries will replace concerns about sugar, fat, etc.