Most Popular in:
NAFFS Goes Organic
Posted: August 1, 2007
The National Association of Flavors and Food-Ingredient Systems' (NAFFS) 90th Annual Convention will take place October 18–21 at The Resort at Longboat Key Club, Longboat Key, FL, and will address "The Real World Approach to Organics." A few highlights:
- Ken Meyer, regional manager of Whole Foods Market, will discuss his company's efforts in organic retail.
- Stephen Clark, director of industrial R&D for Florida Crystals, will speak on organic sugars.
- Treatt managing director, Hugo Bovill, will examine supply chain issues in organics, as well as value-added ingredients. Bovill will also conduct a tasting/smelling session of organic and non-organic materials.
- Ron Rash, president of Wizard's Cauldron, will discuss the definition of organic, as opposed to "natural," and will cover market dimensions, growth opportunities, certification and supply issues.
- Scarinci & Hollenbeck partner Patrick McNamara will discuss organic regulation case law.
- Consultant Sheila Linderman will address the place of flavors in the National Organic Program.