The Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA) has appointed Larry Brotherton, CEO and owner of Ortec, Inc., chairman of Board of Governors. The association has also named its board of governors:
For a one-year term:
- Nicholas Shackley, BASF, vice chairman;
- David Hurder, McGean Inc., vice chairman;
- Richard Monty, Hexion Specialty Chemicals, Inc., secretary;
- David DeCuir, Albermarle Corp., treasurer.
For a three-year term:
- Kenneth Allen, Gabriel Performance Products
- Andy Harris, Syrgis, Inc.
- Dana Mathes, Dow Chemical
- Susan Ostrowski, DSM Pharmaceutical Products
- Michael Ott, Polysciences, Inc.