BASF (Ludwigshafen) has appointed Bernd Burkhart head of its aroma chemicals business. He succeeds Ulrich Schaefer-Luederssen, who died in April 2008. Burkhart joined BASF in 1990 where he was initially involved in surfactant research. In 1996, he transferred to the fine chemicals operating division, and then in 2001, he switched to corporate strategic planning. He was delegated in 2005 to BASF Corp. in Florham Park, NJ, but returned to Ludwigshafen in Jan. 2008 and was responsible for strategic development of the care chemicals division, which includes the aroma chemicals business.
Burkhart Heads BASF’s Aroma Chemicals Business
July 2, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in People News
- 1565Camille McDonald to Retire from Bath & Body Works
- 770Parfumeurs du Monde Create Five "Olfactory Tales"
- 264WFFC Welcomes New Board Members in Chicago, Cincinnati and New Jersey
- 249Takasago Promotes Michael Lankin to Senior Manager of Aroma Ingredients
- 216Fragrance West Presents Jane Pinda as VP of Sales
- 208Bell Announces New Hire and Two Promotions
- 170ACI Presents Staff Promotions
- 169Firmenich Hires Boet Brinkgreve as New Chief Supply Chain Officer
- 161The Notables 2017 Announces Future of Fragrance Leaders
- 136Givaudan Appoints Head of Fine Fragrances North America