BASF (Ludwigshafen) has appointed Bernd Burkhart head of its aroma chemicals business. He succeeds Ulrich Schaefer-Luederssen, who died in April 2008. Burkhart joined BASF in 1990 where he was initially involved in surfactant research. In 1996, he transferred to the fine chemicals operating division, and then in 2001, he switched to corporate strategic planning. He was delegated in 2005 to BASF Corp. in Florham Park, NJ, but returned to Ludwigshafen in Jan. 2008 and was responsible for strategic development of the care chemicals division, which includes the aroma chemicals business.
Burkhart Heads BASF’s Aroma Chemicals Business
July 2, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in People News
- 328Givaudan Appoints Head of Fine Fragrances North America
- 315Summer Johnson to Lead IFRANA’s Communications
- 244Flavor Has a New Face with Howard Smith, Jr.
- 201Hershey Hands Michele Buck a Sweet Presidential Treat
- 142Katie Gutierrez Named Senior Marketing Manager at Belle Aire Creations
- 129Firmenich Nominates Master Perfumers
- 109Five More Years for Symrise CEO
- 95In Memoriam: Ira Kapp
- 67That New Book Smell With Jo Malone
- 51Face & Body Midwest Debuts Skin Inc. LIVE!: Where Education Meets Entertainment