Most Popular in:
Changes to EFSA Board
Posted: June 25, 2008
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has appointed seven new management board members, effective July 1:
- Sue Davies, Which?
- Piergiuseppe Facelli, Italian Ministry of Health
- Matthias Horst, Federation of the German Food and Drink Industry (reappointment)
- Milan Pogacnik, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia (reappointment)
- Jiri Ruprich, Czech National Institute of Public Health
- Sinikka Turunen, Finnish Consumers’ Association
- Bernhard Url, Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety
"These new appointments will ensure continuity in the strong contribution the board has made to the management of EFSA’s work," says EFSA executive director, Catherine Geslain-Laneelle. "Emphasis will be put on the further development of EFSA’s strategic plans 2008 - 2013. The Board’s role in helping EFSA set future directions and guiding the authority through this process will be crucial"