During last week's (May 15, 2008) annual meeting of the Society of Flavor Chemists, W. Jeffrey Hurst of The Hershey Company discussed "Phenolics in Cacao," including catechin and epicatechin. The presentation featured a tasting of chocolate-cacao.
In addition, the organization announced its new board members:
- Joan Harvey passed the president’s gavel to Ken Kraut. Harvey is now chairperson of the board.
- The Society added a new member, Robin Prazak (FONA).
- Jack Fastag has been named vice president.
- Aaron Graham has been appointed secretary.
- Steve Ruocco has been named treasurer.