Earthoil Plantations Ltd., a subsidiary of Treatt, recently helped develop more than 20 fresh water wells in its Indian mint growing areas in India’s Uttar Pradesh region. Done through the company’s Earthoil Organic Farms Foundation (EOFF) and its partner Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps, the Deep Wells Project brings quality drinking water to thousands of area villagers. Completed in July, the 24 130-foot-deep wells offer cleaner, better-tasting drinking water for a local population of approximately 28,000 people, and of the project, Hugo Bovill, group CEO of Treatt plc, commented, “Treatt, through investment in Earthoil, is delighted to help farmers and loyal suppliers improve the quality of life of local communities.”
Earthoil Helps Provide New Wells in India
August 22, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in People News
- 2902Camille McDonald to Retire from Bath & Body Works
- 593Takasago Promotes Michael Lankin to Senior Manager of Aroma Ingredients
- 418The Notables 2017 Announces Future of Fragrance Leaders
- 302Bell Announces New Hire and Two Promotions
- 258Firmenich Hires Boet Brinkgreve as New Chief Supply Chain Officer
- 245WFFC Welcomes New Board Members in Chicago, Cincinnati and New Jersey
- 238Parfumeurs du Monde Create Five "Olfactory Tales"
- 203Armand De Villoutreys to Serve as Firmenich's President of Perfumery and Ingredients
- 137In Memoriam: William J. Downey Jr.
- 88SFC Hosts February Meeting in Philadelphia