Nicole Kidman has accepted damages from the British newspaper The Daily Telegraph for wrongly reporting that she had breached provisions in her promotional contract for Chanel No. 5 perfume. The newspaper's "Spy" column reported last month that Kidman carried a bottle of a competitor's perfume while she was in London to promote her new film, "The Golden Compass." Kidman's lawyer, John Kelly, said she suffered considerable embarrassment and distress over the report. According to Kelly, Kidman intends to donate the damages to the United Nations Development Fund for Women.
Kidman Wins Damages in Perfume Suit
December 7, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in People News
- 2902Camille McDonald to Retire from Bath & Body Works
- 592Takasago Promotes Michael Lankin to Senior Manager of Aroma Ingredients
- 417The Notables 2017 Announces Future of Fragrance Leaders
- 302Bell Announces New Hire and Two Promotions
- 257Firmenich Hires Boet Brinkgreve as New Chief Supply Chain Officer
- 248Parfumeurs du Monde Create Five "Olfactory Tales"
- 245WFFC Welcomes New Board Members in Chicago, Cincinnati and New Jersey
- 201Armand De Villoutreys to Serve as Firmenich's President of Perfumery and Ingredients
- 136In Memoriam: William J. Downey Jr.
- 88SFC Hosts February Meeting in Philadelphia