Hermès in-house perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena is the author of an upcoming book Journal d’un Parfumeur (Diary of a Perfumer), set to be published by Paris publisher Sabine Wespiese Editeur. Ellena, who’s also worked for Bulgari, Frederic Malle, L'Artisan Parfumeur and others, developed the fine fragrance Un Jardin sur le Nil for Hermès in 2005, and the creation of this fragrance was a focus of Chandler Burr’s book The Perfect Scent: A Year in the Perfume Industry in Paris and New York, which was published by Picador in 2009.
Jean-Claude Ellena to Release New Book
January 10, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in People News
- 2902Camille McDonald to Retire from Bath & Body Works
- 593Takasago Promotes Michael Lankin to Senior Manager of Aroma Ingredients
- 418The Notables 2017 Announces Future of Fragrance Leaders
- 302Bell Announces New Hire and Two Promotions
- 258Firmenich Hires Boet Brinkgreve as New Chief Supply Chain Officer
- 245WFFC Welcomes New Board Members in Chicago, Cincinnati and New Jersey
- 238Parfumeurs du Monde Create Five "Olfactory Tales"
- 203Armand De Villoutreys to Serve as Firmenich's President of Perfumery and Ingredients
- 137In Memoriam: William J. Downey Jr.
- 88SFC Hosts February Meeting in Philadelphia