"The market ... is highly competitive," says Joy Atkinson, Firmenich's newly named vice president of body and home care, North America. "Every single consumer packaged goods company (CPG is fighting to maintain market share and, while doing so, maintaining profitability." Atkinson, whose responsibilities include categories such as hair care, soap, deodorant, detergents, air fresheners, and household cleaners, says that her customers are examining every product facet in order to squeeze out costs: advertising; packaging, including the type and wall thickness of plastics; and fragrance. Fortunately, she says, "Fragrance continues to be a key decision maker [for consumers]. Now is the time to be creating and capturing value with our clients through innovative fragrance experiences that deliver what the consumers want most ... knowing that they made the best choice for their money. We know that [fragrance] is a continued driver for consumers to purchase and repurchase products."
The Last Word: Joy Atkinson
January 3, 2011
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in People News
- 2781Camille McDonald to Retire from Bath & Body Works
- 578Takasago Promotes Michael Lankin to Senior Manager of Aroma Ingredients
- 464Parfumeurs du Monde Create Five "Olfactory Tales"
- 411The Notables 2017 Announces Future of Fragrance Leaders
- 298Bell Announces New Hire and Two Promotions
- 250WFFC Welcomes New Board Members in Chicago, Cincinnati and New Jersey
- 247Firmenich Hires Boet Brinkgreve as New Chief Supply Chain Officer
- 192Armand De Villoutreys to Serve as Firmenich's President of Perfumery and Ingredients
- 131In Memoriam: William J. Downey Jr.
- 88SFC Hosts February Meeting in Philadelphia