Fragrance Foundation Arabia revealed the line-up of local and international personalities who will form the jury panel for the region's first FiFi Awards, to be held on Nov. 30, 2010. The six men and women will judge which fragrances will be the winners of the first "Perfume Oscars" in the Middle East. "The jury is chaired by John Bailey, council member of the British Society of Perfumers and a member of Fragrance Foundation UK," says Shahzad Haider, chairman of Fragrance Foundation Arabia.
The following five well-known UAE personalities also have been confirmed as judges:
- Laila Suhail, CEO of Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment, which is responsible for the Dubai Shopping Festival and Dubai Summer Surprises
- Tamara Hostel, director of French Fashion University ESMOD in Dubai
- Louise Nicol, editor-in-chief of Harper's Bazaar Middle East
- Sarah Belhasa, owner of fashion hot spot Studio8
- Nirmala Janssen, publishing director of supplements and contract publishing for Gulf News.
The region's first annual FiFi Awards will be held by Fragrance Foundation Arabia, the regional arm of The Fragrance Foundation, on Nov. 30, 2010. The event will be held at The Address Downtown Dubai and will be hosted by UAE TV presenter Aida Al Busaidy.