Harry Saunders, co-founder of Shaw Mudge & Co., has passed away at 85. Saunders began his career in aroma chemical R&D at Givaudan. He later held positions with Robertet and UOP before co-founding Shaw Mudge in 1969, where he remained until his retirement in the late 1990s. (Shaw Mudge & Co. was later acquired by Quest International, which in turn was later purchased by Givaudan.) Saunders authored a number of patents during his career and often lectured on perfume substantivity and stability. An expert in analytical perfumery, he was a pioneer in the adaptation of gas chromatography as a key tool in perfumery development and quality production.
November 29, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in People News
- 2911Camille McDonald to Retire from Bath & Body Works
- 601Takasago Promotes Michael Lankin to Senior Manager of Aroma Ingredients
- 421The Notables 2017 Announces Future of Fragrance Leaders
- 304Bell Announces New Hire and Two Promotions
- 268Firmenich Hires Boet Brinkgreve as New Chief Supply Chain Officer
- 234WFFC Welcomes New Board Members in Chicago, Cincinnati and New Jersey
- 218Armand De Villoutreys to Serve as Firmenich's President of Perfumery and Ingredients
- 190Parfumeurs du Monde Create Five "Olfactory Tales"
- 139In Memoriam: William J. Downey Jr.
- 88SFC Hosts February Meeting in Philadelphia