Harry Saunders, co-founder of Shaw Mudge & Co., has passed away at 85. Saunders began his career in aroma chemical R&D at Givaudan. He later held positions with Robertet and UOP before co-founding Shaw Mudge in 1969, where he remained until his retirement in the late 1990s. (Shaw Mudge & Co. was later acquired by Quest International, which in turn was later purchased by Givaudan.) Saunders authored a number of patents during his career and often lectured on perfume substantivity and stability. An expert in analytical perfumery, he was a pioneer in the adaptation of gas chromatography as a key tool in perfumery development and quality production.
November 29, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in People News
- 296Bell Hires Chemist and Marketing Manager
- 239Firmenich Appoints Jerry Vittoria as Head of Fine Fragrances Worldwide
- 208The Fragrance Foundation Announces Award Winners at The Finalists’ Luncheon
- 55Camille McDonald to Retire from Bath & Body Works
- 50Calice Becker Becomes Director of Givaudan Perfumery School
- 47Eurofragrance Announces Andrés Pagés as General Manager
- 29Xavier Ormancey Joins Beautycounter as Head of Product Development
- 29Society of Flavor Chemists Announce the 2017 Scholarship Winners
- 28Parfumeurs du Monde Create Five "Olfactory Tales"
- 28Bell F&F Promotions & Retirement
- WFFC Honors P&F Member
5/6/2016, Mino Zaccaro
- FONA International Adds Four New Women to the Roster
5/9/2016, Mino Zaccaro
- De Monchy Switches Out the Captain's Chair
5/11/2016, Mino Zaccaro
- FEMA Presents Industry Awards
5/16/2016, Mino Zaccaro
- Eternis Recruits for Sales
5/17/2016, Mino Zaccaro