Barron's Roundtable (www.barrons.com) is predicting that Sensient Technologies will become a takeover target. The analysis comes as the company reports Q2 revenue of $304.3 million, up 7.8%. Net income for the period grew 15% to $21.23 million. For the first half of the year, Sensient is reporting revenue of $589.6 million, a gain of 8.2%. The main driver of this growth has been the flavor and fragrance segment, which has seen revenue reach $202.9 million for the first half of 2007. (Fragrances account for about 9 percent of these results.) In light of these results, the company's board has announced an increase on the quarterly cash dividend on common stock, reaching 18 cents per share payable September 4, 2007, to shareholders of record August 9.
Sensient Ripe for Takeover?
July 26, 2007
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Company News
- 590Frutarom's Latest Acquisition Expands into Biotechnology
- 576Perfumer's Apprentice Aims to Teach Creation
- 463Coty Confirms Transfer of P&G Fragrance Licenses
- 436P&G Takes Steps Towards Smart Home
- 356Now Hiring: Senior Flavorist
- 284Just for China: Givaudan's Latest Website Launch
- 255Frutarom Announces First Acquisition of 2016
- 227Sales Manager, Nutrition, Flavor and Fragrance Ingredients (Job Id EV1601-01)
- 214Takasago Unveils S$60 million F&F Facility in Singapore
- 210To Russia With F&F
- 2005 Industry Top 10 and P&F Pathfinders
- The New Face of Givaudan
- Frutarom at Heart of NY’s Sweet Mystery
2/23/2009, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor
- SFC's Roadmap for 2009
2/26/2009, Ken Kraut, president, SFC
- We Are All on the Front Line: The F&F Industry amidst an Economic Meltdown
3/19/2009, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor