Barron's Roundtable (www.barrons.com) is predicting that Sensient Technologies will become a takeover target. The analysis comes as the company reports Q2 revenue of $304.3 million, up 7.8%. Net income for the period grew 15% to $21.23 million. For the first half of the year, Sensient is reporting revenue of $589.6 million, a gain of 8.2%. The main driver of this growth has been the flavor and fragrance segment, which has seen revenue reach $202.9 million for the first half of 2007. (Fragrances account for about 9 percent of these results.) In light of these results, the company's board has announced an increase on the quarterly cash dividend on common stock, reaching 18 cents per share payable September 4, 2007, to shareholders of record August 9.
Sensient Ripe for Takeover?
December 7, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Company News
- 7772016 Flavor & Fragrance Leaderboard
- 630Biotechnology & Driving Natural Flavors: 2017 FlavourTalks Amsterdam Report
- 501IFF Acquires Columbia Phytotechnology LLC
- 349drom Premieres Storp Collection at Palazzo Mocenigo and Musée du Parfum
- 322Firmenich Begins Construction on Flavor Plant in China
- 316Joya and Taylor & Miller Create the Architecture of Fragrance
- 265In Memoriam: Eugene Grisanti
- 247Shiseido's Perfume for Mazda Wins IF Packaging Design Award
- 2122015 Flavor & Fragrance Leaderboard
- 199Firmenich Becomes Supply Chain Leader in DACH
- Editor's Note: Natural Matters
1/30/2017, Deniz Ataman
- The Future of Fragrance: World Perfumery Congress 2016
8/30/2016, Deniz Ataman, managing editor, Perfumer & Flavorist
- Diversifying F&F Growth
4/25/2017, By Patrick Mewton, Managing Director, Clotilde Limited and John Leffingwell, President, Leffingwell & Associates
- Editor's Note: F&F Vertical Expansion
4/25/2017, Deniz Ataman
- 2016 Flavor & Fragrance Leaderboard