Huabao International Holdings Ltd. (Hong Kong) has reported a 100% rise in net income for 2006 of HK$567.1 million, compared to HK$283.1 million the previous year. As the cost of sales and raw materials fell in 2006, gross profit margin increased to 69.5% from 47.3%. Huabao is an investment holding company that, through its subsidiaries, produces and sells flavors and fragrances for tobacco, food and household related products. Currently, the companies largest segment is tobacco flavors, and its customers include the top 10 tobacco groups in China that account for 51% of the market share in the country. Huabao has stated that it intends to expand the food flavors business and develop fine fragrances.
Chinese Flavor Company's Profit Doubles
July 11, 2007
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Company News
- 1605Educating the Industry's Future Perfumers
- 920Creativity by the Nose
- 674Symrise Turns Focus Away From Profit
- 627Bringing Awareness to Autism, One Rose Petal at a Time
- 524ADM Gets Wild with New Creative Flavor Center
- 460Givaudan Gets 'Active' in Cosmetics
- 417Symrise Opens Doors In Iran
- 374First Look: Who's Attending the 2016 World Perfumery Congress?
- 307Sensient Closes Indiana Facility
- 273Fragrance Foundation Awards Announces Finalists
- 2015 Flavor & Fragrance Leaderboard
6/1/2015, P&F Editors
- TFS Relaunches Website to Update its Evolving Business
- Taste, Nutrition Demand Boost Kerry's Q1 Interim Results
- Evolva, Cargill Prep Facility for New Stevia Manufacturing
- Latin America and Pet Food Sales Boost Symrise Q1