This is only an excerpt of the full article that appeared in P&F Magazine. The full content is not currently available online.
The move was hardly an overnight phenomenon. Conceived in 2003 by a group of investors, the company is composed of six companies with specific F&F capabilities acquired by Flavor and Fragrance Group Industries between 1999 and 2006:
- AromaTech: functional product delivery systems and an expertise in air care and personal care
- International Fragrance & Technology: fragrances for air care, personal care, cosmetics, soap, detergent and industrial applications
- Key Essentials (its Rancho Santa Margarita, California, base is now home to Agilex’s flavor headquarters): flavors • Flavor Source: energy drink flavor systems
- Technology Flavors & Fragrances: flavors for beverages, confectionary, baked goods, tobacco, dairy, pharmaceuticals, healthy flavor formulations (fat-free and sugarless products), fragrances for body washes, bar soaps, fabric softeners, commercial detergents and candles
- Western Flavors & Fragrances: natural and nature identical flavors for nutritional products, baked goods and supplements, and natural fragrances for personal care and air care
The pieces were coordinated and consolidated with an eye toward maintaining the distinctive value of each company. With a unified culture focused on innovation, Agliex now employs about 225 employees, divided between its fragrance division headquartered in the new creative center in Piscataway, New Jersey, and its flavor division headquartered in Rancho Santa Margarita, California.
Other topics discussed: Innovations for the Middle Market; Collaborative Fragrance Division; The Flavor Strategy