Osmic Enterprises Inc. has released the OLFACT, a machine that assesses a person's olfactory function. It measures a person's unique olfactory IQ in several ways: the ability to correctly identify up to 40 common smells; to distinguish one odor from a slightly different one; and to find the threshold where the faintest of each odor is detected. Presentation of the odorant stimuli, recording of the responses and scoring of the test are done under computer control. Interpretation of the test is based upon a well developed set of norms that are stratified by both age and sex. The OLFACT can be used in laboratory or in specialty medical clinic settings.
Olfactory IQ Testing
July 25, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Company News
- 998Givaudan and Bibo Barmaid Take a "Shot" at a New Parternship
- 9482016 Flavor & Fragrance Leaderboard
- 568The Power of Scents and Brands
- 536IFF and Unilever Team Up for Vetiver
- 536WPC Exclusive: Interview with Torsten Kulke on Regulation and Sustainability
- 435Firmenich Joins Forces With Essex Labs
- 358Now Hiring: Flavorist or Junior Flavorist
- 320Givaudan and Amyris Collaborate on Active Beauty
- 292Givaudan Releases Half Year Results
- 232Alpha Aromatics Displayed Fragrance Museum Pieces at the World Perfumery Congress