Osmic Enterprises Inc. has released the OLFACT, a machine that assesses a person's olfactory function. It measures a person's unique olfactory IQ in several ways: the ability to correctly identify up to 40 common smells; to distinguish one odor from a slightly different one; and to find the threshold where the faintest of each odor is detected. Presentation of the odorant stimuli, recording of the responses and scoring of the test are done under computer control. Interpretation of the test is based upon a well developed set of norms that are stratified by both age and sex. The OLFACT can be used in laboratory or in specialty medical clinic settings.
Olfactory IQ Testing
July 25, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Company News
- 883First Look: Who's Attending the 2016 World Perfumery Congress?
- 383Givaudan Acquires Spicetec Flavors & Seasonings
- 325P&G to Release Febreze Ingredients
- 311IFF and Vapor Communications Develop Digital Scent Messaging
- 229Frutarom Buys Extrakt Chemie
- 202Givaudan Opens Facility in Pakistan, Invests in Halal-Accredited Flavors
- 187Educating the Industry's Future Perfumers
- 176Firmenich Dives Into Biomarine Science
- 158Givaudan Gets 'Active' in Cosmetics
- 14011 Stories You Missed This Week
- 2015 Flavor & Fragrance Leaderboard
6/1/2015, P&F Editors
- Subscriber Alert: Perfumer & Flavorist June 2015 Issue Now Live
- 2014 Sustainability Report: IFF Surpasses Water Reduction Goals
- Lermond Company Partners With Indukern S.A.
- Sensient Fragrances Appoints SRS Aromatics as Exclusive UK Distributor
6/5/2015, Mino Zaccaro