Symrise (Holzminden, Germany) has finalized its acquisition of the dairy flavors, savory flavors, sweet flavors and seasonings sectors of the Danish manufacturer Chr. Hansen. The anti-trust authorities approved the transaction on April 25, concluding Symrise’s largest acquisition to date. The acquisition allows Symrise to continue expanding its business in the United States: more than 80% of Chr. Hansen’s sales in the flavoring sector came from North America. In addition, Symrise will benefit from the additional production capacity and Chr. Hansen’s knowledge of development and application technology. Chr. Hansen’s clients will profit from Symrise’s global infrastructure, market knowledge and research expertise.
Symrise Finalizes Chr. Hansen Acquisition
April 28, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Company News
- 1020Givaudan and Bibo Barmaid Take a "Shot" at a New Parternship
- 10132016 Flavor & Fragrance Leaderboard
- 568IFF and Unilever Team Up for Vetiver
- 530The Power of Scents and Brands
- 441WPC Exclusive: Interview with Torsten Kulke on Regulation and Sustainability
- 435Firmenich Joins Forces With Essex Labs
- 317Givaudan Releases Half Year Results
- 232Alpha Aromatics Displayed Fragrance Museum Pieces at the World Perfumery Congress
- 224Green Excellence: Symrise Nabs Two German Awards for Sustainability
- 221Now Hiring: Flavorist or Junior Flavorist