Symrise (Holzminden, Germany) has finalized its acquisition of the dairy flavors, savory flavors, sweet flavors and seasonings sectors of the Danish manufacturer Chr. Hansen. The anti-trust authorities approved the transaction on April 25, concluding Symrise’s largest acquisition to date. The acquisition allows Symrise to continue expanding its business in the United States: more than 80% of Chr. Hansen’s sales in the flavoring sector came from North America. In addition, Symrise will benefit from the additional production capacity and Chr. Hansen’s knowledge of development and application technology. Chr. Hansen’s clients will profit from Symrise’s global infrastructure, market knowledge and research expertise.
Symrise Finalizes Chr. Hansen Acquisition
April 28, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Company News
- 847Educating the Industry's Future Perfumers
- 699Symrise Turns Focus Away From Profit
- 623First Look: Who's Attending the 2016 World Perfumery Congress?
- 564Givaudan Gets 'Active' in Cosmetics
- 433Symrise Opens Doors In Iran
- 318Sensient Closes Indiana Facility
- 276Fragrance Foundation Awards Announces Finalists
- 268Creativity by the Nose
- 204IFF and Vapor Communications Develop Digital Scent Messaging
- 201Frutarom to Lead Expansion in South Africa
- 2015 Flavor & Fragrance Leaderboard
6/1/2015, P&F Editors
- Evolva, Cargill Prep Facility for New Stevia Manufacturing
- Latin America and Pet Food Sales Boost Symrise Q1
- Frutarom Acquires India's Sonarome to Boost India, Africa Markets
- Flavors Growth Leads IFF's Q1 Sales