Recently, leading publications have run front page articles regarding the ongoing lawsuit between Bimbo Bakeries USA and a former employee, Chris Botticella. According to reports, Botticella is counted among a handful of people to have direct personal knowledge necessary to independently replicate Bimbo's popular line of Thomas' English Muffins—particularly the secret of the muffins' unique "nooks and crannies" texture. Thomas' English Muffins account for approximately $500 million dollars a year of Bimbo's annual sales income. The stakes are obvious.
Are There Trade Secrets Hiding in Those Nooks and Crannies?
October 28, 2010
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Company News
- 974Givaudan and Bibo Barmaid Take a "Shot" at a New Parternship
- 9032016 Flavor & Fragrance Leaderboard
- 581The Power of Scents and Brands
- 530WPC Exclusive: Interview with Torsten Kulke on Regulation and Sustainability
- 519IFF and Unilever Team Up for Vetiver
- 430Firmenich Joins Forces With Essex Labs
- 358Now Hiring: Flavorist or Junior Flavorist
- 319Givaudan and Amyris Collaborate on Active Beauty
- 229Alpha Aromatics Displayed Fragrance Museum Pieces at the World Perfumery Congress
- 223WPC 2016 Announces the Finalists for the TFS Sandalwood Perfume Competition