Recently, leading publications have run front page articles regarding the ongoing lawsuit between Bimbo Bakeries USA and a former employee, Chris Botticella. According to reports, Botticella is counted among a handful of people to have direct personal knowledge necessary to independently replicate Bimbo's popular line of Thomas' English Muffins—particularly the secret of the muffins' unique "nooks and crannies" texture. Thomas' English Muffins account for approximately $500 million dollars a year of Bimbo's annual sales income. The stakes are obvious.
Are There Trade Secrets Hiding in Those Nooks and Crannies?
October 28, 2010
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Company News
- 1288WPC 2016 Announces the Finalists for the TFS Sandalwood Perfume Competition
- 900WPC Refresh: Photos Now Live on Facebook
- 853First Look: Who's Attending the 2016 World Perfumery Congress?
- 846WPC and the American Society of Perfumers Announce Big News
- 580The Power of Scents and Brands
- 540Now Hiring: Senior Perfumer and Evaluator
- 538WPC Exclusive: Interview with Torsten Kulke on Regulation and Sustainability
- 510Now Hiring: Senior Perfumer
- 427Scents and Sustainability: World Perfumery Congress 2016 Explores a Greener, Cleaner Fragrant Future
- 276Fragrance Foundation Awards: And the Winners Are...