Recently, leading publications have run front page articles regarding the ongoing lawsuit between Bimbo Bakeries USA and a former employee, Chris Botticella. According to reports, Botticella is counted among a handful of people to have direct personal knowledge necessary to independently replicate Bimbo's popular line of Thomas' English Muffins—particularly the secret of the muffins' unique "nooks and crannies" texture. Thomas' English Muffins account for approximately $500 million dollars a year of Bimbo's annual sales income. The stakes are obvious.
Are There Trade Secrets Hiding in Those Nooks and Crannies?
October 28, 2010
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Company News
- 1149First Look: Who's Attending the 2016 World Perfumery Congress?
- 310P&G to Release Febreze Ingredients
- 309Givaudan Acquires Spicetec Flavors & Seasonings
- 308IFF and Vapor Communications Develop Digital Scent Messaging
- 219Frutarom Buys Extrakt Chemie
- 208Educating the Industry's Future Perfumers
- 200Givaudan Opens Facility in Pakistan, Invests in Halal-Accredited Flavors
- 191Givaudan Gets 'Active' in Cosmetics
- 177Firmenich Dives Into Biomarine Science
- 155Aurochemicals Scores High With Quality
- 2015 Flavor & Fragrance Leaderboard
6/1/2015, P&F Editors
- Subscriber Alert: Perfumer & Flavorist June 2015 Issue Now Live
- 2014 Sustainability Report: IFF Surpasses Water Reduction Goals
- Lermond Company Partners With Indukern S.A.
- Sensient Fragrances Appoints SRS Aromatics as Exclusive UK Distributor
6/5/2015, Mino Zaccaro