Find a Job
Job seekers can post their qualifications on our career board for free. To post your qualifications, send a 1-2 paragraph summary of your objectives and experience to Paige Crist.
Fill a Position
To find out how our career board can help your organization reach top candidates, contact Paige Crist.
Laboratory Assistant, QC & Flavor
Posted: April 23, 2014
Location: Central New Jersey
Allen Flavors, Inc. is currently seeking for Laboratory Assistant QC & Flavor candidate to join our team. This position requires comfort and knowledge of working in a laboratory setting with gas chromatograph equipment while assisting with aspects of flavor compounding, documentation, sampling and aspects of quality control.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurate compounding for off shelf flavor and creative projects
- Maintain and update a dynamic flavor library
- Precise weighing, handling and specification testing of flavor materials
- Interact with suppliers to request raw material samples
- Support quality control processes, including gas chromatography and sensory evaluation, for incoming raw materials and outgoing finished products
- Develop and maintain strong interdisciplinary relationships with, but not limited to, Product Development, QC, Manufacturing and Customer Service
- Organize and execute required project work in a flexible, fast paced environment
- Communicate results, project updates and other information to staff, supervisor and customers as necessary
- Provide product testing through the use of specific gravity, refractive index and flash point equipment
- Ability to distinguish slight difference in odor and taste of different lots or raw materials
- Prepare GC samples with precise weighing and measurement of volumes
- Ability to set up standard curves for GC quantitation
- Support with organizing and ordering supplies for analytical and flavor lab
- Possess an optimistic, action oriented attitude
- Assist with other areas as requested
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree considered.
Experience: One to two years’ experience in a laboratory setting.
- Knowledge of Chemistry
- Knowledge of EZ Chrome software, considered a plus
- Good math skills
- Attention to detail, neat and organized
- Lab safety and proper lab documentation required
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of laboratory instrumentation
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a problem-solver committed to improving efficiency
We provide all of our employees with a fun, friendly, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including health and retirement packages. For consideration, please send your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Allen Flavors, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Company: Allen Flavors, Inc.
Analytical GC/GCMS Chemist--Fragrance
Posted: April 21, 2014
Location: Northern New Jersey, USA
An established and growing fragrance house located in Northern NJ seeks analytical fragrance chemist for immediate opening. Summary: The analytical chemist prepares, analyzes, interprets results and reports on samples submitted to the laboratory for analytical testing.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Operate and maintain equipment (GC, GC/MS, HPLC, etc.)
- Prepare samples for chromatographic analysis. Samples may be liquid, liquid extractions, or solid extractions. Candidate must be familiar with a wide range of extraction techniques.
- Interpret chromatographic results using appropriate software tools.
- Deliver results to meet customer deadlines.
- Develop new analytical protocols.
- Train and assist staff on instrumentation and software.
- Maintain a secure, clean, and safe work environment.
- Adhere to all organizational safety guidelines.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, able to work independently and in a team setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to read, comprehend, and interpret technical publications, procedures and reports. Must also be able to effectively present information either in a written report or verbally to an individual or group.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 5+ years experience with GC, GC/MS specifically in a fragrance environment.
- Solid fundamental background of chromatographic and sampling techniques including GC, GC/MS, HPLC, and headspace.
- Strong mechanical ability for troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing chromatographic and laboratory equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidates with experience in fragrance and/or flavor industry preferred.
Please submit resume to to the email address below.
Associate Natural Purfumer
Posted: April 09, 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Aveda, America’s premier creator and marketer of plant-based haircare, skincare, make-up, PureFume™ and lifestyle products seeks an Associate Natural Purfumer. This position will work with perfumer(s) to design organic aromas for perfumes and functional products within the multiple requirements related to all aroma ingredients
Each Aveda employee will practice an individual commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility in the workplace. We aim to steer society in a more sustainable direction for our benefit and the benefit of generations to come.
Each Aveda employee will actively participate in the Behavior Based Safety (BBS) program and is required to follow all safety practices and procedures.
- Support aroma creation through applied experiments in practice of organic perfumery.
- Support creation of new aromas and revision of existing aromas by learning all aspects of the certified organic oils listed in our palette: odor characteristics, safety and regulatory restrictions, sourcing origin and price, as well as botanical & aromatherapeutical functionality
- Provide technical input and design testing for prediction of possible chemical interactions within aroma blends, between aroma blends and bases or between aroma blend and packaging.
- Provide direction for testing and evaluation for adulteration.
- Provide technical input and support to create and manage systems to assure Aveda products and product labels are consistently within global regulatory compliance.
- Provide teams (Product Development, Marketing, Education) with technical information; review and edit company Art Boards and marketing information specific to aroma content.
- Monitor progress of sourcing new aroma oils; provide input and support of new aroma ingredient development technologies; evaluate new aroma ingredients.
- Manage coding process of aromas and essential oils with Raw Material Administration Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or requested.
Education:Bachelors degree in Chemistry
Experience:3-5 yrs experience in Evaluation or QC in Fragrance industry
- Strong organic chemistry and analytical methods background
- Knowledge of essential oils, natural and synthetic aromatic chemicals, natural isolates, gums, resins and specialties. Familiar with their origin, price, behavior, performance, odor longevity, physical properties, and how they are prepared. Knowledge of classic perfumes, their character, personality and main components.
- Knowledge of Aromatherapy, organic oils, regulatory, and environmental issues; Ayurvedic philosophy also desirable
- Computer literate.
- Fluency in a second language preferred
- Passionate about organic perfumery
Contact Person: Jennifer Finkelson
Posted: March 10, 2014
Location: Neuchâtel, Switzerland
YOU are a self-motivated individual with technical creativity, innovative spirit and strong learning skills. You are a team player who encourages collaboration and enjoys working in a multidisciplinary team. You are achievement-oriented and strive for exceptional results. You have outstanding oral and written communication skills.
You will join the PMI Operations - Product Development function of Philip Morris Products SA based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
You will play an integral role in the creation, development and implementation of new cigarette flavor systems (from concept to commercialization) that enable near and mid-term product launches and growth of the flavor platform.
You will be active in product and process improvements, and assist production by resolving manufacturing nonconformity of formulations and flavor systems.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop new and modify existing cigarette flavor systems for use in various markets around the world.
- Understand implications of the flavor design on the entire product and manufacturing system, to deliver innovation with a total system mindset
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to evaluate new raw materials and technologies for flavor creation purposes
- Ensure cigarette flavors and/or new flavor application systems are transferable from the laboratory to the flavor and cigarette production facilities.
- Participate in and coordinate sensory evaluation panels, and utilize the data from the panel evaluations to improve/modify cigarette flavor systems.
- Ensure development of product specifications for the cigarette flavor systems, and sensory quality within those specifications.
- Collect, review, analyze data and make appropriate modifications to the cigarette flavor systems as required. Provide recommendations to internal customers and cross-functional product development teams.
- Work with Procurement and Material Qualification teams to ensure the quality of the ingredients and finished flavors.
- Conduct the flavor creation and development activities in total alignment with the appropriate Regulations, procedures and quality standards.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Flavor Science, Food Chemistry, Food Technology or related scientific field
- You have substantial experience in creative flavor design or development in tobacco, food, beverages or related fields, including expert ability to create and adjust flavor formulations
- You have masterly level knowledge of raw materials, flavor ingredients, solvents and carrier systems
- You possess a comprehensive knowledge of flavor regulatory status and worldwide acceptability.
- You demonstrate ability to work on product development projects using Design Control Methodologies and project management skills
- You are comfortable handling multiple assignments simultaneously and work autonomously
- You are willing to taste and profile the flavor systems in the finished product
- The position involves working in collaboration with product developers and scientists of different disciplines within cross-functional teams. Therefore, customer orientation, strong communication skills and ability to work in a trans-disciplinary team environment are required. Fluency in English is required.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will be part of the dynamic team of professionals. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package as well as a relocation allowance (where appropriate).
WHO WE ARE
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the world’s top 15 international brands, including Marlboro, the number one cigarette brand worldwide. PMI’s products are sold in approximately 180 countries. In 2012, the company held an estimated 16.3% share of the total international cigarette market outside of the U.S., or 28.8% excluding the People’s Republic of China and the U.S. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com.
Want to discover your potential? Come join our team!
If you match our profile and are interested in joining our dynamic team of professionals, please reply online.
Please apply online at www.pmicareers.com.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
Company: PMI Operations - Product Development function of Philip Morris Products SA
European Sales Manager
Posted: March 06, 2014
Description:Major Aroma Chemicals and Flavor & Fragrances ingredients producer, O'Laughlin, recruits a European Sales Manager - Salary and location negotiable - Minimum 3 years experience in flavor and fragrance ingredient sales or related required - Strong written and verbal communication skills - Travel required Please email your resume/CV in confidence for consideration to Annchor@olaughlin.com.
Contact Person: Ann Chor
Job vacancy within IFEAT – Technical Advisor
Posted: March 03, 2014
In an effort to become more relevant and to meet the growing needs of its members, IFEAT is creating a new, advisory position of Technical Adviser.
Please find below the job description for this position. Remuneration has not yet been ascertained so we shall be open to discussion on this issue. Please advise the IFEAT Secretariat, at the email address below if you are interested in this position.
- The role is to support IFEAT in discerning and managing the best approach to issues and opportunities affecting the production and use of essential oils and their related materials.
- He / she will be involved in the set-up of specific scientific projects, and information letters, both under the supervision of the IFEAT Scientific Committee.
- He / she will also address immediate concerns related to new regulatory problems, and contribute towards addressing scientific and socio-economic issues affecting the industry.
- The IFEAT Technical Advisor will support the IFEAT Liaison Committee to enhance strong relationships with sister organisations (RIFM, EFEO, IFRA and other international and local organisations), in accordance with the directions set by the Executive Committee.
- He / she will be a good leader with proven ability to work with a team.
- He / she will possess good knowledge of regulatory/ toxicology issues and preferably have good experience in essential oils and aroma chemicals.
- He / she will be able to understand social and economic issues related to challenges and opportunities posed to the Industry.
- The job will be part-time, with details to be defined and agreed with the chosen candidate.