Find a Job
Job seekers can post their qualifications on our career board for free. To post your qualifications, send a 1-2 paragraph summary of your objectives and experience to Paige Crist.
Fill a Position
To find out how our career board can help your organization reach top candidates, contact Paige Crist.
Associate Natural Purfumer
Posted: April 09, 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Aveda, America’s premier creator and marketer of plant-based haircare, skincare, make-up, PureFume™ and lifestyle products seeks an Associate Natural Purfumer. This position will work with perfumer(s) to design organic aromas for perfumes and functional products within the multiple requirements related to all aroma ingredients
Each Aveda employee will practice an individual commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility in the workplace. We aim to steer society in a more sustainable direction for our benefit and the benefit of generations to come.
Each Aveda employee will actively participate in the Behavior Based Safety (BBS) program and is required to follow all safety practices and procedures.
- Support aroma creation through applied experiments in practice of organic perfumery.
- Support creation of new aromas and revision of existing aromas by learning all aspects of the certified organic oils listed in our palette: odor characteristics, safety and regulatory restrictions, sourcing origin and price, as well as botanical & aromatherapeutical functionality
- Provide technical input and design testing for prediction of possible chemical interactions within aroma blends, between aroma blends and bases or between aroma blend and packaging.
- Provide direction for testing and evaluation for adulteration.
- Provide technical input and support to create and manage systems to assure Aveda products and product labels are consistently within global regulatory compliance.
- Provide teams (Product Development, Marketing, Education) with technical information; review and edit company Art Boards and marketing information specific to aroma content.
- Monitor progress of sourcing new aroma oils; provide input and support of new aroma ingredient development technologies; evaluate new aroma ingredients.
- Manage coding process of aromas and essential oils with Raw Material Administration Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or requested.
Education:Bachelors degree in Chemistry
Experience:3-5 yrs experience in Evaluation or QC in Fragrance industry
- Strong organic chemistry and analytical methods background
- Knowledge of essential oils, natural and synthetic aromatic chemicals, natural isolates, gums, resins and specialties. Familiar with their origin, price, behavior, performance, odor longevity, physical properties, and how they are prepared. Knowledge of classic perfumes, their character, personality and main components.
- Knowledge of Aromatherapy, organic oils, regulatory, and environmental issues; Ayurvedic philosophy also desirable
- Computer literate.
- Fluency in a second language preferred
- Passionate about organic perfumery
Contact Person: Jennifer Finkelson
Posted: March 10, 2014
Location: Neuchâtel, Switzerland
YOU are a self-motivated individual with technical creativity, innovative spirit and strong learning skills. You are a team player who encourages collaboration and enjoys working in a multidisciplinary team. You are achievement-oriented and strive for exceptional results. You have outstanding oral and written communication skills.
You will join the PMI Operations - Product Development function of Philip Morris Products SA based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
You will play an integral role in the creation, development and implementation of new cigarette flavor systems (from concept to commercialization) that enable near and mid-term product launches and growth of the flavor platform.
You will be active in product and process improvements, and assist production by resolving manufacturing nonconformity of formulations and flavor systems.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop new and modify existing cigarette flavor systems for use in various markets around the world.
- Understand implications of the flavor design on the entire product and manufacturing system, to deliver innovation with a total system mindset
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to evaluate new raw materials and technologies for flavor creation purposes
- Ensure cigarette flavors and/or new flavor application systems are transferable from the laboratory to the flavor and cigarette production facilities.
- Participate in and coordinate sensory evaluation panels, and utilize the data from the panel evaluations to improve/modify cigarette flavor systems.
- Ensure development of product specifications for the cigarette flavor systems, and sensory quality within those specifications.
- Collect, review, analyze data and make appropriate modifications to the cigarette flavor systems as required. Provide recommendations to internal customers and cross-functional product development teams.
- Work with Procurement and Material Qualification teams to ensure the quality of the ingredients and finished flavors.
- Conduct the flavor creation and development activities in total alignment with the appropriate Regulations, procedures and quality standards.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Flavor Science, Food Chemistry, Food Technology or related scientific field
- You have substantial experience in creative flavor design or development in tobacco, food, beverages or related fields, including expert ability to create and adjust flavor formulations
- You have masterly level knowledge of raw materials, flavor ingredients, solvents and carrier systems
- You possess a comprehensive knowledge of flavor regulatory status and worldwide acceptability.
- You demonstrate ability to work on product development projects using Design Control Methodologies and project management skills
- You are comfortable handling multiple assignments simultaneously and work autonomously
- You are willing to taste and profile the flavor systems in the finished product
- The position involves working in collaboration with product developers and scientists of different disciplines within cross-functional teams. Therefore, customer orientation, strong communication skills and ability to work in a trans-disciplinary team environment are required. Fluency in English is required.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will be part of the dynamic team of professionals. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package as well as a relocation allowance (where appropriate).
WHO WE ARE
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the world’s top 15 international brands, including Marlboro, the number one cigarette brand worldwide. PMI’s products are sold in approximately 180 countries. In 2012, the company held an estimated 16.3% share of the total international cigarette market outside of the U.S., or 28.8% excluding the People’s Republic of China and the U.S. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com.
Want to discover your potential? Come join our team!
If you match our profile and are interested in joining our dynamic team of professionals, please reply online.
Please apply online at www.pmicareers.com.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
Company: PMI Operations - Product Development function of Philip Morris Products SA
European Sales Manager
Posted: March 06, 2014
Description:Major Aroma Chemicals and Flavor & Fragrances ingredients producer, O'Laughlin, recruits a European Sales Manager - Salary and location negotiable - Minimum 3 years experience in flavor and fragrance ingredient sales or related required - Strong written and verbal communication skills - Travel required Please email your resume/CV in confidence for consideration to Annchor@olaughlin.com.
Contact Person: Ann Chor
Job vacancy within IFEAT – Technical Advisor
Posted: March 03, 2014
In an effort to become more relevant and to meet the growing needs of its members, IFEAT is creating a new, advisory position of Technical Adviser.
Please find below the job description for this position. Remuneration has not yet been ascertained so we shall be open to discussion on this issue. Please advise the IFEAT Secretariat, at the email address below if you are interested in this position.
- The role is to support IFEAT in discerning and managing the best approach to issues and opportunities affecting the production and use of essential oils and their related materials.
- He / she will be involved in the set-up of specific scientific projects, and information letters, both under the supervision of the IFEAT Scientific Committee.
- He / she will also address immediate concerns related to new regulatory problems, and contribute towards addressing scientific and socio-economic issues affecting the industry.
- The IFEAT Technical Advisor will support the IFEAT Liaison Committee to enhance strong relationships with sister organisations (RIFM, EFEO, IFRA and other international and local organisations), in accordance with the directions set by the Executive Committee.
- He / she will be a good leader with proven ability to work with a team.
- He / she will possess good knowledge of regulatory/ toxicology issues and preferably have good experience in essential oils and aroma chemicals.
- He / she will be able to understand social and economic issues related to challenges and opportunities posed to the Industry.
- The job will be part-time, with details to be defined and agreed with the chosen candidate.
Contact Person: IFEAT Secretariat
Account Executive (Midwest)
Posted: February 04, 2014
Location: Chicago or surrounding Midwest United States
Solvay USA Inc., has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an Account Executive based out of a home office in Chicago area. The Aroma Performance business unit is a global leader in Vanilla Flavors. We are currently seeking a highly motivated, results oriented professional to cultivate and grow the Aroma Performance business unit’s presence within the sweet goods market.
- Execute the global strategy and business plan in North America
- Develop new customer base and accelerates revenue growth in the sweet goods market by promoting the new flavor ingredient product range
- Work with prospects and the Global application team to solve technical problems
- Manage the overall relationship between the customers, functions and organization at all levels
- Educate clients regarding company’s products and technologies
- Translate customer requirements and manage customer expectations by effective communication
- Keep abreast of competitive activities, prices and new business opportunities and maintain extensive business knowledge in the sweet good market
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50%
- Bachelor’s degree, prefer in food science, marketing or business;
- Minimum of 4 years sales experience within the food industry; (strong B2B experience);
- Demonstrated experience in the food industry specifically with sweet goods; including sales of technical ingredients;
- Proven track record of successful sales; key account management/development, and client relationships;
- Excellent organizational and presentations skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% You must be capable of working independently. Must have a hunter’s mentality, results-oriented and high level of initiative and enthusiasm.
Please submit resume to Jo Seymour via the email address below.