Quality Assurance - Regulatory Affairs Technician
Posted: November 29, 2016
Location: Hamilton, New Jersey
Global Essence Inc., a distributor of flavor and fragrance raw materials located in Hamilton, New Jersey has an opening for the position: Quality Assurance - Regulatory Affairs Technician.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The QA-Regulatory Affairs Technician will be responsible for assisting the Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs departments with handling and processing all relevant documentation related to Global Essence’s raw materials and finished products. Including but not limited to essential oils, aroma chemicals, botanical extracts, absolutes and concretes used within the flavor and fragrance industries.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for properly maintaining product documentation, including updating and writing technical documents in response to new and existing customer product development. The QA-Regulatory Affairs Technician will be tasked with maintaining regular communication with supply sources to keep internal documentation current, as well as satisfy customer technical document requests in a professional and timely manner.
PRIMARY TASKS INCLUDE:
- The writing of technical documentation including: SDS, Specification Sheets, Allergen Certificates, GMO Certificates, Food Grade Certificates, Natural Certificates, Ingredient Statements, Nutritional Information and all other relevant flavor and fragrance raw material documentation.
- Insure the timely completion of customer document requests.
- Maintain existing Kosher certificates as well as the submission of new or updated certificates. If needed, assist with monthly audits from our rabbinical service.
- Work directly with Purchasing and Quality Assurance departments to review and code new raw materials prior to QA/QC submission.
- Maintain existing Organic certificates and the submission of new certificates to our Organic certifying agency.
- Assist with reviewing and revising company SOP’s for the Regulatory Affairs Department, to insure compliance against our company and BRC standards.
- Assist the Quality Assurance department in the analysis of raw materials such as essential oils and aroma chemicals as needed.
REQUIREMENTS: Global Essence Inc. prides itself on providing superior customer service, with a high attention to detail and personal touch to our customer base. The successful candidate for this position must be able to work on a professional level with our customers to insure satisfactory completion of requests. A high level of organization skills along with time management skills is required in this fast-paced work environment.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Chemistry or related science/food science field.
Experience: Preferably 1 to 2 years of laboratory experience within the flavor/fragrance industry. Hands on QA/QC experience along with general GC/GCMS knowledge is a plus. Knowledge of essential oils and aroma chemicals, along with their general manufacturing processes is a plus. A strong background in computer usage plus a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Access are required. The successful candidate must have a go-getter attitude which is essential in this fast paced work environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Shows a passion about their work
- Thorough understanding of customer care/service
- Medical, Dental and Vision are offered
- Retirement Plans (401K)
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Time offered
- Competitive salary to commensurate with experience
- Opportunity for advancement
If you are interested in this very diverse opportunity in an industry that is both dynamic and volatile, please email Sean Grimes at at the email address below with your resume.
Company: Global Essence
Contact Person: Sean Grimes
Posted: November 10, 2016
Location: Sydney, Australia
Ixom leads the market in water treatment and chemical distribution in Australia and New Zealand, but this is just the beginning. Our passion for growth means that we seek out opportunity everywhere, applying creativity and curiosity to all aspects of our business.
Within Ixom’s Australian Flavours & Fragrances Business Unit, our target marketplace encompasses customers engaged in the manufacture and marketing of Food, Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care and Cosmetics markets. We are Australia’s leading supplier of ingredients for these categories and our activities include development, supply, technical service, and support.
Due to exciting growth within our business, we have an incredibly unique opportunity for an experienced, highly creative Senior Perfumer to join our Sydney team. In this role, you will lead the creative development of new fragrances while enhancing existing formulations. In addition, you will technically manage our fragrance products and play a central role in achieving profitability and growth targets of fragrances within the Australian market.
- Develop new products and fragrances in the laboratory, from initial concept to production
- Work with our manufacturing partner to ensure product quality
- Identify opportunities for new product ranges in response to customer needs
- Provide technical support to Account Managers, Sales, Customer Service and Fragrance Product Managers
- Work with Sales and Marketing to achieve overall business objectives
- Ensure your business unit meets all SH&E requirements and shows continuous improvement in SH&E performance
- A tertiary qualification in Applied Science (Chemistry) or Engineering
- In-depth knowledge of fragrance development, preferably as a Perfumer
- Broad Fragrance Chemical knowledge and experience
- Expert planning and organisation skills
- Demonstrable problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
This is truly exciting opportunity to join a market leader, and show us your passion for what you do while genuinely impacting our business. We can provide sponsorship and assist with relocation for overseas applicants.
To Apply please visit our Careers Site at https://ixom.loop.jobs/jobs
If you have any questions prior to applying contact Kimberley Rowell at Kimberley.email@example.com
Contact Person: Kimberley Rowell
Citrus Creations opening
Posted: October 10, 2016
Location: Winter Haven, Florida, USA
Are you passionate and looking for a creative opportunity to explore innovative uses of citrus essential oils and citrus derived natural ingredients? Florida Chemical Company, Inc. has open positions on our Citrus Creations Team who will be challenged with investigating ways to fully explore the potential uses of citrus ingredients. They will work to understand the variety of outlets for using these ingredients in a flavor and fragrance market that is demanding new and creative natural options.
Florida Chemical Company, Inc. has a long history in the citrus industry. We have been pioneers of citrus products since 1942 and are always looking for additional opportunities to push the boundaries of traditional uses of citrus products. Our state of the art production facility is located in the heart of the Citrus Belt in Winter Haven, Florida. We offer an excellent benefits package and are looking to find the right candidates to add to our “family”.
We are looking for people who understand the basics of how products interact in a variety of food and fragrance matrices and are willing to investigate how we can use our current and future product lines more effectively. Expectations include a willingness to try a variety of options, come up with resourceful, creative solutions, the ability to clearly communicate those that offer the most success, and, the mindset to work productively with a variety of internal departments. Do you have a desire to push yourself creatively and explore new challenges in creating new natural products? Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to discuss how your skill set compliments our creative endeavors.
Company: Florida Chemical Company, Inc.
Stability Laboratory Chemist
Posted: October 03, 2016
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA
One of the World’s Top 30 Personal Care International Companies located in Ft. Lauderdale, FL is seeking for a Chemist for its Stability and Analytical Laboratory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The day to day operation of the Stability and Chemical Testing Laboratory, including the stability and instrumental testing and monitoring.
- Comprehensive analysis of Skin Care Personal Care and Make Up formulations, including the application of basic statistics to multi-studies, trends and correlation analysis on new formulae as first priority followed by existing formulae.
- Analytical support to the Skin Care, Make-up Development and Innovation Labs for non-routine analytical testing.
- Prepare data tables and graphs to communicate results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or an equivalent degree
- Have at least three to five years related experience in a Stability Laboratory in the Cosmetics, Fragrances, Pharma or Food Industry.
- Familiar with statistical data analysis is a must
- Good communication (written/oral) , and organizational skills required
- Fluent in English—Spanish.
- Basic computer skills.
Cosmo is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- 401(k) w/ generous company match
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Company: Cosmo Fragrances
Contact Person: Jessica Backer-Human Resources Manager
Posted: November 03, 2015
Location: el Prat de Llobregat, SPAIN
Leader in the sector of distribution of essencial oils and aromatic products, located in el Prat de Llobregat, company wishes to incorporate a SALES MANAGER.
Together with the General Management his/her mission is to DEFINE, PLAN and MANAGE the company's sales policy to achieve the ANNUAL SALES TARGETS and planned margins, maintain/increase the number of the company's customers, open up new markets, analysing market niches and guaranteeing at all times quality sales and service. Participating in the definition of the company’s commercial policy of his/her assigned international area, in collaboration with the General Management, while close monitoring the correct implementation of such policy.
- Participating in the definition of the company’s sales policy, together with the Managing Director, and monitoring its implementation.
- Drawing up his/her department’s ANNUAL SALES PLAN.
- Responsible for designing and monitoring the company’s commercial strategy.
- Achievement of assigned qualitative and quantitative goals.
- Overseeing of effective implementation of the defined sales policy by his/her team.
- Planning of activities of his/her sales team, establishing individual sales targets and overseeing their achievement on the basis of commercial standards and systematic, measurable and viable planning.
- Overseeing sales administration.
- Participating in commercial negotiations with large accounts and engaging in ongoing oversight of and direct action relating to the company’s main customers.
- Analysing and understanding the market and existing or potential competitors, defining actions that help increase market share and the company’s position.
- Coordination of his/her activities with different departments.
- Management, control, oversight and motivating of his/her team.
- Identification of department indicators, measurement and establishment of corrective measures with regard to visits, incidents, returns, low-profit customers, etc.).
- Higher education in economic or business science/international trade
- Master’s degree from a business school and/or sales management
- Market Analysis and research.
- Knowledge of the chemical, perfumes and fragrances' sector.
Background:5 years in a similar position
Computer skills:SAP and advanced office suite user
Languages:English, French and Spanish
- Breadth of knowledge.
- Efectiveness and efficiency.
- Customer orientation