Global and Regional Account Manager (1603982)
Posted: December 15, 2016
Location: Florham Park, NJ
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we play and build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
The BASF Aroma Ingredients business is seeking a strong professional with demonstrated experience in sales or sales related activities to perform the role of Global Key Account Manager (GKAM) for one of the top FMCG companies as well as the regional Account Manager for other flavor and flavor related companies. The role is seen as an ideal opportunity for an individual to demonstrate their ability to develop and implement business strategies in a diverse and global business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing individual with entrepreneurial drive and the ability to communicate effectively join our team as a Global and Regional Account Manager who will build relationships at multiple levels within the customers’ organizations as well as within the Aroma Ingredients global team.
Formula for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Lead all activities to develop and grow the customers
- Acquire new customers and grow share with existing customers
- Represent BASF at all levels in the customer’s organization
- Manage and coordinate all internal stakeholders in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations
- Identify, negotiate, and close new opportunities for our products
- Collect customer demand and translate into accurate forecast
- Drive new business development locally and support globally
- Represent the North American business interests in global team
- Support development of global launch plans for BASF products and execute local implementation
- Increase market intelligence by bringing information around industries, competitors and customers back into the organization
- Implement strategic account-specific plans
- Develop strategic account planning with financial targets and critical milestones
- Understand market trends and unmet customer needs, applying this knowledge to key customer targets
- Implement customer differentiation and business rules
- Account Plans, call reports, monthly updates, reporting of any key intelligence data collected, lead documentation, pipeline maintenance, and forecasting.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Bachelor's degree(Business or a technical field preferred) OR a high school diploma with 8-10 years of experience in the relevant industry.
- Proven track record in Sales establishing and nurturing customer relationships
- 5+ years business experience in Sales, Marketing and Account Management Aroma Ingredients or related business required.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a global, multi-national organization is preferred.
- Flavor and/or Menthol/Mint Industry knowledge a plus
- Highly developed communication skills - verbal and written required.
- Able to travel 30% + of time.
- Strong presentation skills
To apply, please visit: http://on.basf.com/2gbI70y.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Quality Assurance - Regulatory Affairs Technician
Posted: November 29, 2016
Location: Hamilton, New Jersey
Global Essence Inc., a distributor of flavor and fragrance raw materials located in Hamilton, New Jersey has an opening for the position: Quality Assurance - Regulatory Affairs Technician.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The QA-Regulatory Affairs Technician will be responsible for assisting the Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs departments with handling and processing all relevant documentation related to Global Essence’s raw materials and finished products. Including but not limited to essential oils, aroma chemicals, botanical extracts, absolutes and concretes used within the flavor and fragrance industries.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for properly maintaining product documentation, including updating and writing technical documents in response to new and existing customer product development. The QA-Regulatory Affairs Technician will be tasked with maintaining regular communication with supply sources to keep internal documentation current, as well as satisfy customer technical document requests in a professional and timely manner.
PRIMARY TASKS INCLUDE:
- The writing of technical documentation including: SDS, Specification Sheets, Allergen Certificates, GMO Certificates, Food Grade Certificates, Natural Certificates, Ingredient Statements, Nutritional Information and all other relevant flavor and fragrance raw material documentation.
- Insure the timely completion of customer document requests.
- Maintain existing Kosher certificates as well as the submission of new or updated certificates. If needed, assist with monthly audits from our rabbinical service.
- Work directly with Purchasing and Quality Assurance departments to review and code new raw materials prior to QA/QC submission.
- Maintain existing Organic certificates and the submission of new certificates to our Organic certifying agency.
- Assist with reviewing and revising company SOP’s for the Regulatory Affairs Department, to insure compliance against our company and BRC standards.
- Assist the Quality Assurance department in the analysis of raw materials such as essential oils and aroma chemicals as needed.
REQUIREMENTS: Global Essence Inc. prides itself on providing superior customer service, with a high attention to detail and personal touch to our customer base. The successful candidate for this position must be able to work on a professional level with our customers to insure satisfactory completion of requests. A high level of organization skills along with time management skills is required in this fast-paced work environment.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Chemistry or related science/food science field.
Experience: Preferably 1 to 2 years of laboratory experience within the flavor/fragrance industry. Hands on QA/QC experience along with general GC/GCMS knowledge is a plus. Knowledge of essential oils and aroma chemicals, along with their general manufacturing processes is a plus. A strong background in computer usage plus a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Access are required. The successful candidate must have a go-getter attitude which is essential in this fast paced work environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Shows a passion about their work
- Thorough understanding of customer care/service
- Medical, Dental and Vision are offered
- Retirement Plans (401K)
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Time offered
- Competitive salary to commensurate with experience
- Opportunity for advancement
If you are interested in this very diverse opportunity in an industry that is both dynamic and volatile, please email Sean Grimes at at the email address below with your resume.
Company: Global Essence
Contact Person: Sean Grimes
Posted: November 10, 2016
Location: Sydney, Australia
Ixom leads the market in water treatment and chemical distribution in Australia and New Zealand, but this is just the beginning. Our passion for growth means that we seek out opportunity everywhere, applying creativity and curiosity to all aspects of our business.
Within Ixom’s Australian Flavours & Fragrances Business Unit, our target marketplace encompasses customers engaged in the manufacture and marketing of Food, Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care and Cosmetics markets. We are Australia’s leading supplier of ingredients for these categories and our activities include development, supply, technical service, and support.
Due to exciting growth within our business, we have an incredibly unique opportunity for an experienced, highly creative Senior Perfumer to join our Sydney team. In this role, you will lead the creative development of new fragrances while enhancing existing formulations. In addition, you will technically manage our fragrance products and play a central role in achieving profitability and growth targets of fragrances within the Australian market.
- Develop new products and fragrances in the laboratory, from initial concept to production
- Work with our manufacturing partner to ensure product quality
- Identify opportunities for new product ranges in response to customer needs
- Provide technical support to Account Managers, Sales, Customer Service and Fragrance Product Managers
- Work with Sales and Marketing to achieve overall business objectives
- Ensure your business unit meets all SH&E requirements and shows continuous improvement in SH&E performance
- A tertiary qualification in Applied Science (Chemistry) or Engineering
- In-depth knowledge of fragrance development, preferably as a Perfumer
- Broad Fragrance Chemical knowledge and experience
- Expert planning and organisation skills
- Demonstrable problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
This is truly exciting opportunity to join a market leader, and show us your passion for what you do while genuinely impacting our business. We can provide sponsorship and assist with relocation for overseas applicants.
To Apply please visit our Careers Site at https://ixom.loop.jobs/jobs
If you have any questions prior to applying contact Kimberley Rowell at Kimberley.firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Person: Kimberley Rowell
Posted: November 03, 2015
Location: el Prat de Llobregat, SPAIN
Leader in the sector of distribution of essencial oils and aromatic products, located in el Prat de Llobregat, company wishes to incorporate a SALES MANAGER.
Together with the General Management his/her mission is to DEFINE, PLAN and MANAGE the company's sales policy to achieve the ANNUAL SALES TARGETS and planned margins, maintain/increase the number of the company's customers, open up new markets, analysing market niches and guaranteeing at all times quality sales and service. Participating in the definition of the company’s commercial policy of his/her assigned international area, in collaboration with the General Management, while close monitoring the correct implementation of such policy.
- Participating in the definition of the company’s sales policy, together with the Managing Director, and monitoring its implementation.
- Drawing up his/her department’s ANNUAL SALES PLAN.
- Responsible for designing and monitoring the company’s commercial strategy.
- Achievement of assigned qualitative and quantitative goals.
- Overseeing of effective implementation of the defined sales policy by his/her team.
- Planning of activities of his/her sales team, establishing individual sales targets and overseeing their achievement on the basis of commercial standards and systematic, measurable and viable planning.
- Overseeing sales administration.
- Participating in commercial negotiations with large accounts and engaging in ongoing oversight of and direct action relating to the company’s main customers.
- Analysing and understanding the market and existing or potential competitors, defining actions that help increase market share and the company’s position.
- Coordination of his/her activities with different departments.
- Management, control, oversight and motivating of his/her team.
- Identification of department indicators, measurement and establishment of corrective measures with regard to visits, incidents, returns, low-profit customers, etc.).
- Higher education in economic or business science/international trade
- Master’s degree from a business school and/or sales management
- Market Analysis and research.
- Knowledge of the chemical, perfumes and fragrances' sector.
Background:5 years in a similar position
Computer skills:SAP and advanced office suite user
Languages:English, French and Spanish
- Breadth of knowledge.
- Efectiveness and efficiency.
- Customer orientation