Posted: January 20, 2016
Location: Central, NJ, USA
A flavor formulation company located in Central, NJ is currently seeking a Senior Flavorist to create consumer preferred, cost effective flavors to satisfy internal product development and external customer needs with the goal of increasing profitability. Utilize appropriate raw materials and follow proper legislative requirements. Collaborate interdepartmentally to make the world taste better.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct flavor creation and sampling needs
- Independently develop new flavors to meet the needs of client’s specifications and cost requirements
- Duplication of flavors as requested
- Translation of analytical information (GC, HPLC)
- Research and develop taste modification solutions
- Develop and maintain flavor library
- Develop methods for rapid retrieval of flavors against customer demands
- Support product development with finished flavors
- Research new raw materials
- Initiate new raw material item process
- Provide flavor related guidance to QC and Regulatory departments
- Document and maintain records as needed
- Communicate results, project status and other information to staff, internal customers, management and clients
- Be a member of at least one Company committee - such as Safety, HACCP, First Responders, Food Defense or GMP Audit Team
- Understand and execute SQF principles as they apply to this function including documentation and record keeping
- Knowledge of company certified programs such as HACCP, NSF, SQF, Food Defense and Food Safety
- Participate productively as a team member, contributing actively to the team process and executing tasks as required
- Assist with other areas as requested
- Ensures all critical jobs are completed within the department, with priority given to task related to Food Safety.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Chemistry, Food Science or a related field or related experience
Experience: Minimum of 7 years related job experience is required. Certified Member of the Society of Flavor Chemists. Beverage experience is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of flavor chemicals and flavor regulatory concerns
- Must be a problem-solver with an eye toward improving efficiency
- Good Math skills
- Attention to detail, neat and organized
- Lab safety and proper lab documentation skills required
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Word and Excel (stats, graphs and refractive index)
- Knowledge of densitometer, flashpoint apparatus, refract and GC a plus
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills
We provide all of our employees with a fun, friendly, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including health and retirement packages.
Send your resume in Word format with your salary requirements to the email address below.
Junior Inside Sales Representative – F&F
Posted: January 13, 2016
Location: Branchburg, NJ USA
Established in 1933, Frutarom is a rapidly growing global flavor and fine ingredients company and is numbered among the ten leading companies in the world, in the field of flavors & fragrances.
Frutarom creates, develops, manufactures and markets an extensive variety of high quality flavors and fine ingredients for customers in the food, beverage, functional food, flavor, fragrance, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and cosmetic industries. Frutarom markets and sells over 31,000 products to more than 15,500 customers in 145 countries, has 41 R&D labs and 79 sales and marketing offices throughout the world and operates 34 production facilities in Europe, North America, Israel and Asia. Frutarom employs 2,700 employees worldwide.
The Flavour & Fragrance Ingredients team at Frutarom is dedicated to providing innovative ingredients to the Food, Beverage and Fragrance markets. We take pride in our expertise and knowledge of aroma ingredients as well as an understanding of the challenges and needs of flavor and fragrance creative teams. Our strong track record providing unique solutions to fulfil these needs results in our customers winning more briefs.
Description: Frutarom USA, is searching for a commercial addition to its Flavor and Fragrance Ingredients Business Unit in New Jersey. This customer-focused individual will be self-motivated, driven and performance oriented. The position requires an energetic and entrepreneurial personality with the ability to establish and maintain long-term customer relationships.
- Establish long term relationships with clients at the creative and commercial levels
- Grow assigned account portfolio while managing complaints and prospecting for new clients
- Up to 1/3 of time devoted to travel throughout the U.S. East Coast
- Exceptional organizational, preparation and writing skills are required
- Attend industry functions including trade shows and conferences.
- Previous sales and F&F industry experience will be favored
- Proficiency in a language and Oracle ERP a plus
- Food Science or other scientific degree preferred
Contact Person: Monica Gomes
Inside Sales Representative
Posted: January 13, 2016
Location: Piscataway, NJ USA
- To develop sales opportunities and services for customer accounts.
- To maintain relationships with all levels at assigned customer accounts.
- To assess customer product needs and requirements and develop/execute plan to meet/exceed expectations.
- To protect and grow profitable sales at targeted account.
- Responds to customer inquiries for samples, technical data and support. Investigate customer complaints and assure prompt and effective solutions.
- Responds to customer inquiries on the use and application of fragrances
- Market understanding: Obtains and reports marketing data for successful achievement of business objectives and strategies. Monitors fragrance trends, competitive activity, product development and market penetration in coordination with Marketing USA
- Recommends course of action to prevent loss of existing business
- Develops sales strategies and sales budgets for assigned accounts. Regularly reviews and provides status reports on progress against sales budget.
- 2-3 years of Fragrance experience preferred
- High school Diploma
- Prior Sales Experience Preferred
- Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be computer literate
- Must have ability to accept constructive feedback and apply coaching techniques
Job Type: Full-time
- Fragrance industry: 2 years
- High school or equivalent
Contact Person: Annette Peixoto
Junior Fragrance Evaluator
Posted: January 11, 2016
Location: Piscataway, NJ USA
We are seeking a Junior Fragrance Evaluator to work closely with the Director of Evaluation and Perfumery, assisting in fragrance development and evaluation. Candidate must have basic perfumery training and must be knowledgeable with fragrance classification. 2 to 3 years experience preferred. Please contact Megan Hespos, Director of Evaluation at the email address below.
Contact Person: Megan Hespos, Director of Evaluation
Regulatory Affairs Assistant
Posted: January 11, 2016
Location: Piscataway, NJ USA
Under limited supervision, evaluates formulations to comply with industry country specific, federal, state, local shipping and customer guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Reviews formulations to ensure compliance with industry and customer guidelines for Regulatory Manager's approval.
- Requests product information from suppliers as needed to satisfy customer fragrance needs within department guidelines.
- Maintains master files for Material Safety Data Sheets for raw materials and other vendor information.
- Process regulatory technical correspondence for sales and customers, and maintains master files on submissions.
- Assists in the preparation of various EU MSDS' on request by customers for Alpine Aromatics International Inc. and maintains master files.
- Perform other duties as time and customers dictate.
- Lab - run flash point, specific gravity, refractive for MSDS and Certificate of Analysis.
Min 5 years of experience req.
To apply, please send resume to Jan Brzezinski at the email address below.
Contact Person: Jan Brzezinski
GCMS Specialist (Fragrance Analyst)
Posted: January 11, 2016
Perform analytical studies utilizing GCMS on oil sample (also in toilet soap, general cosmetics and fine fragrance). Later, the scope will be extended to Flavour GCMS analysis.
To characterize and match fragrances from different market products in fine fragrance personal care and household, mainly for the Asian Market.
Perform various tasks in support of laboratory operation and instrument maintenance for result reliability.
To work on GC/MS full reconstitution and maintain laboratory instrumentation required for GMP analysis.
To collaborate closely with R&D for new fragrance's extraction method development.
To collaborate with R&D for the characterization of competitors' new captive molecules.
Assist with analytical schema projects and exchange of results with perfumers.
Interpret analytical data from GCMS instrumentation and apply understanding to solving the specific problem.
Prepare solutions and perform details and complex analytical procedures (e.g. extractions, purifications, evaporations, derivatizations, etc.) and established test protocols
To keep close interaction with internal departments as Design, Fragrance Development, Fragrance Compounding, Applications, Stabilities and Regulatory
Able to interpret and execute various technical procedures in verbal, written mathematical or diagrammatical form.
- Previous experience working in a similar position in the Fragrance Industry as a Perfume analyst
- Proven experience in GCMS analysis
- Knowledge of raw materials used in the fragrance industry (synthetic & natural)
- Knowledge of extraction techniques
- Exposure working within international teams
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Someone flexible, methodical and with attention to detail
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships and projects within multidisciplinary teams
- Good skills to present technical data
- Personal Particulars with Recent Photograph
- Education background
- Work experiences in point forms
- Reason(s) for leaving
- Expected remuneration package
- Date of availability
- Only shortlisted will be notified
Working hours: Monday - Friday 9:30AM - 6:30PM
Please include the following information and email your resume to the address below
Sales Manager Nutrition, Flavour & Fragrance ingredients (Job Id EV1601-01)
Posted: January 06, 2016
Location: North America/ USA
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Job Description Evolva is a dynamic, 11-year old, technology company with an excellent track record of developing high value ingredients for health, wellness and nutrition, based on advanced molecular biology and fermentation technologies.
Global, entrepreneurial, rapidly growing, with game changing technology, Evolva is now reaching out into B2B with a small but growing Sales and Marketing team with own developed and fermented ingredients such as Vanillin, Valencene, Nootkatone and Resveratrol. To support this growth effort, Evolva is seeking a dynamic person with wide sales experience in the Nutritional and Flavour and Fragrance Ingredient Industries. Your immediate efforts will need to be on the road selling, but also to reflect on the meetings with customers, learning from the experience, and using this knowledge to build a strategy for the product portfolio while driving sales and profits and achieving wider company goals.
You will liaise with multiple stakeholders within Evolva, and with our global distributor/customer network to grow our speciality ingredients across these important business segments.
Responsibilities You will be a highly experienced individual capable of selling speciality ingredients into the Nutritional foods and Flavour and Fragrance industry, you will have a combined knowledge of the industry needs, products potential and a well-developed understanding of the competitive landscape. In addition, you will have a comprehensive understanding of the value chain for dietary supplements, nutraceuticals and flavor and fragrance aroma chemicals and ingredients.
The ideal candidate will be based on the East or West coast and will have a minimum of 5 years selling experience in Nutritional ingredients and at least 3 years in selling aroma chemicals and ingredients into the flavour and fragrance industry.
Evolva has a flexible, dynamic culture, and everyone is expected to “do whatever is good for Evolva”. Within this culture, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Sell, promote and market Evolva’s speciality ingredient products in liaison with internal and external stakeholders, while developing and building relationships with key customers and distributors
- Develop thorough understanding of product markets, customer's needs and buying decisions translated into Evolva product value propositions offerings. Oversee forecasts, competitive intelligence, and strategic market assessment. Monitor competitive activity and develop appropriate tactics to respond.
- Coordinate sales presentations and represent Evolva in relevant associations, trade shows and conventions.
Required experience and attitude
- 8+ years of successful selling, sales management and marketing experience as well as successful development and launch of new products within the specialty ingredients markets. Ability to translate market knowledge into growth strategies. Role will require to intensively travel, domestically and internationally.
- Deep Customer knowledge and strong relationships with key decision makers, particularly in the areas of
- - Human and animal health nutrition, dietary supplements and nutraceuticals
- - Flavours and fragrance for the food, beverage and home and personal care market
- Education: Best would be a relevant scientific or commercial degree, BS/BA in life science or engineering discipline. Fluent oral and written English, other languages desirable but not required.
- Creative and imaginative with a demonstrated ability to turn ideas into results and the desire to work in an entrepreneurial, high growth environment.
- Experience and understanding of the needs and culture of a dynamic young entrepreneurial company, you are a proactive self-starter and a good team player having a positive attitude and an ability to deal with changes, to thrive in complex, ambiguous environments that contain a high degree of pressure as well as of opportunity.
The position is located in the US
To apply for the position please submit your application online at http://www.evolva.com/join-us/. We only accept applications submitted on-line.
About Evolva Evolva is a cutting-edge company with operations in Europe, Asia and North America. We offer a dynamic working environment with a chance to make a real difference, in an informal, hardworking, highly international work-place.
We focus on creating, producing, and selling high value ingredients for applications including nutrition, cosmetics, flavors, fragrances, and human wellness.
More information on this, and our approach to work life, can be found on our website: www.evolva.com
Posted: November 03, 2015
Location: el Prat de Llobregat, SPAIN
Leader in the sector of distribution of essencial oils and aromatic products, located in el Prat de Llobregat, company wishes to incorporate a SALES MANAGER.
Together with the General Management his/her mission is to DEFINE, PLAN and MANAGE the company's sales policy to achieve the ANNUAL SALES TARGETS and planned margins, maintain/increase the number of the company's customers, open up new markets, analysing market niches and guaranteeing at all times quality sales and service. Participating in the definition of the company’s commercial policy of his/her assigned international area, in collaboration with the General Management, while close monitoring the correct implementation of such policy.
- Participating in the definition of the company’s sales policy, together with the Managing Director, and monitoring its implementation.
- Drawing up his/her department’s ANNUAL SALES PLAN.
- Responsible for designing and monitoring the company’s commercial strategy.
- Achievement of assigned qualitative and quantitative goals.
- Overseeing of effective implementation of the defined sales policy by his/her team.
- Planning of activities of his/her sales team, establishing individual sales targets and overseeing their achievement on the basis of commercial standards and systematic, measurable and viable planning.
- Overseeing sales administration.
- Participating in commercial negotiations with large accounts and engaging in ongoing oversight of and direct action relating to the company’s main customers.
- Analysing and understanding the market and existing or potential competitors, defining actions that help increase market share and the company’s position.
- Coordination of his/her activities with different departments.
- Management, control, oversight and motivating of his/her team.
- Identification of department indicators, measurement and establishment of corrective measures with regard to visits, incidents, returns, low-profit customers, etc.).
- Higher education in economic or business science/international trade
- Master’s degree from a business school and/or sales management
- Market Analysis and research.
- Knowledge of the chemical, perfumes and fragrances' sector.
Background:5 years in a similar position
Computer skills:SAP and advanced office suite user
Languages:English, French and Spanish
- Breadth of knowledge.
- Efectiveness and efficiency.
- Customer orientation