Find a Job
Job seekers can post their qualifications on our career board for free. To post your qualifications, send a 1-2 paragraph summary of your objectives and experience to Paige Crist.
Fill a Position
To find out how our career board can help your organization reach top candidates, contact Paige Crist.
Posted: October 08, 2015
Location: Lakeland, FL USA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: CEO
EEOC Class: Professional
General Summary: As a key member of the Treatt USA leadership team, and the Global Innovation Team, the TUSA Innovation Manager is charged with leading the US-based Innovation Team in the research and development of new ingredient solutions in a manner that is congruent with the business strategy. This includes leading and developing the members of the US-based team, performing technical presentations, ensuring the production of all necessary product documentation, overseeing R&D, applications, and sensory evaluations of new products - ingredients, as well as formulated solutions.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage product development projects within the region and in conjunction with the global iTeam to effectively meet customer needs within the defined cost and time parameters.
- Efficiently manage the project portfolio by allocating necessary resources to projects to ensure priority and ultimately success.
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing to fully understand product development requirements to build customer intimacy and leverage it also to identify new business opportunities.
- Guide R&D personnel, working in conjunction with Purchasing to identify raw materials for the development of novel ingredients solutions.
- Oversee R&D activities and coordinate R&D trials with Production associated with the scale up of new products, as well as efficiency optimization of existing products and or technologies.
- Provide Technical support to Production, Engineering, QC/QA, Regulatory, Sales and Marketing associated with new products.
- Partner with Supply Chain to determine costing for new products.
- Manage R&D budget and provide senior leadership team members with accurate budgetary and operational reports on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Provide TUSA Management and the pertinent functional departments with ongoing and consistent communication on the status of development projects.
- Evaluate the organizational structure and team plans to ensure continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group while providing team members with professional and personal growth opportunities.
- Act in the best interest of Treatt at all times.
- All other duties as customary or as delegated.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of Chemistry – in particular the procedures and processes of food science, compounded flavors and flavor ingredients development.
- Proven record of leadership of an R&D organization in the F&F, or Food Industry.
- Demonstrate superior ability to effectively communicate at all levels both orally and in writing.
- Highly skilled in developing and executing operational and strategic plans.
- Highly skilled in the use of various laboratory equipment and methodologies. Including: gas chromatography, mass spectrometry and other analytical methods.
- Ability to use various spreadsheets, word-processing and database computer software.
Required Education and Experience A Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Food Science or related field, plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a lab or product development environment, with a preference for 10 years of experience. A successful track record of project and people management in the F&F and or food & beverage industry.
Working Conditions Normal Laboratory and office working conditions.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Company: Treatt USA
Contact Person: Yolanda Garrett
Posted: September 22, 2015
Location: Greenville, NC, USA
Niche start up business involving flavors for e-liquids and a variety of other uses is looking for a Senior Flavorist to lead, create and oversee developing laboratory grade flavor recipes. In this exciting new role, you will evaluate new ingredients and technologies, developing flavor solutions to help the company grow in a variety of categories and with various customers. Prior experience and background in food flavors, flavor chemistry, flavor interactions and mixology required, as well as an ability to create and replicate recipes accurately. Candidate must be creative when combining flavors and creating new recipes and must be a highly motivated individual who can work both alone and in a team environment.
- Independently develop and present new and innovative flavor profiles
- Provide technical guidance and opinions with reference to raw materials, flavor creation, application, sensory evaluation and regulatory
- Lead technical programs to achieve customer and business objectives
- Fully commercialize flavors including support required in production, if necessary
- Develops cost effective, stable flavors
- Completes relevant stability testing, costing, documentation and commercialization
- Evaluate and recommend new sources of raw materials and laboratory tools
- Completes formulation modifications and consolidations without supervision
- Independently address non-conformities and technical issues, ensuring quality control
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science or related
- 10+ years experience in the Flavor industry
- Certified Member of the Society of Flavor Chemists
- Sensory evaluation acuity and flavor ingredient knowledge
- Expert knowledge of basic flavor raw materials
- Expert knowledge of basic flavor creation processes and procedures
- Analytical and intuitive problem solving skills
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and good computer skills
- Clear ability to communicate and operate across cross-functional teams
- Current users of tobacco products or vaping preferred, as ability to assess the sensory characteristics of vaping e-liquids is preferred.
- Must be able to taste and smell chemicals and flavors
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time in a laboratory setting
- Must be able to see to mix and compound flavors
- Working Environment: Laboratory environment with exposure to a variety of chemicals and flavors
If interested, please submit your most recent resume to the address below.
Posted: September 22, 2015
Location: Southern California, USA
An established Southern California flavor manufacturer is seeking a flavor chemist with over 10 years of experience creating flavors from flavor ingredients currently available worldwide. Must be strong in sweet/fruit flavors - namely berries, tropicals, superfruits - and in unique non-characterizing flavors for use in food and beverage industries. Knowledge in savory a definite plus. Ability to create ethnic flavors and pair flavors together to create an impact on our customers. Must be well versed in keeping ahead of the trends and continuing to source the newest unique flavor ingredients available. Excellent communication skills are a must, with the ability to talk to top customers to determine real needs and convert the concept discussed into a tangible flavor that works and sells.
Knowledge of US, EU, Asian, and/or South American regulations strongly desired. Knowledge of regulations of specific countries and regions worldwide also desirable.
Must be able to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish the task at hand. We are seeking a competitive, driven, motivated individual who can step into our company and begin to produce immediately without disrupting the current system in place. We offer a competitive salary, 401K savings plan, paid vacation, sick days, holidays, medical, dental and vision insurance coverage.
Junior Evaluator/ Marketing Assistant
Posted: September 19, 2015
Location: Corporate Office in North-Central New Jersey
Do you love Fashion, Fragrance and Marketing? Do you have a flair for Graphic Design Marketing and a passion for Beauty ? Berje Inc. has a position that will combine all of which you seek in a newly created dynamic role. It’s an opportunity to enter the world of Fragrance and Beauty!
The position We are seeking a Junior Fragrance Evaluator who will work alongside our Senior Fragrance Evaluator and assist in developing fragrances for our diverse portfolio of clients. You will respond to briefs and provide concept positioning that enables our clients to stay on top of key trends in the beauty arena. In collaboration with our perfumery and evaluation staff, you will be working closely with our Marketing Manager to build concepts and presentations that pitch these innovative olfactive designs.
The requirements Our ideal candidate has formal training in graphic design and marketing, perhaps with two or three years of work related experience. You must be familiar with Adobe CC and/or equivalent professional design software. Some HTML 5 experience is preferred.
You must also possess an aptitude for fragrance evaluation (and yes we do teach those who demonstrate a keen sense of smell), an eye for detail, and a poetic command of the English language. The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate and thrive in a team environment, as well as demonstrating initiative under minimal supervision.
We seek candidates who are currently & permanently eligible to work in the USA.
Email your credentials to the address below.
Company: Berje Inc.
Fragrance Design and Development Manager
Posted: September 09, 2015
Location: Meridian, ID - USA
It all started with a fragrance. Now, 10 years after Heidi and Orville Thompson warmed a Banana Nut Bread Scentsy Bar in their family kitchen and launched Scentsy in Meridian, Idaho, we’re still growing, still giving, and still crafting distinctive, industry-leading fragrance products. As part of an amazing decade in business, we also launched Velata, a brand that showcases inventive new kitchen systems that bring people together, and expanded our borders to spread the Scentsy opportunity across North America and into Europe and Australia.
At Scentsy, we support each other. We’re honest, hardworking, and fun. Join our team as we embark on the next 10 years alongside an extraordinary group of Independent Consultants as the only direct selling company that warms the heart, enlivens the senses, and inspires the soul.
To Apply: Please visit the career page on our website www.ScentsyFamily.com
Job Summary: The primary responsibility of Fragrance Design and Development Manager is to manage the overall global fragrance development process with emphasis on long-lead trend and product development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify global fragrance trends and opportunities for new products as well as opportunities to improve existing products
- Work closely with Chief Creative Officer to align overarching trends with fragrance and fragrance products
- Work cross-functionally across multiple departments to develop global fragrance strategy and marketing plan
- Maintain oversight of fragrance product development process and team
- Build, lead, and develop a dynamic, performance-oriented fragrance development team
- Provide final olfactive and strategic approval on all fragrance products and reformulations
- Manage communications and relationships with all fragrance houses and fragrance manufacturing vendors
- Manage staff by selecting, orientating, training, coaching, counseling, and developing personal growth opportunities for employees
- Responsible for supervising employees which includes; hires, terminations, demotions, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and other employee related functions
- Cross-functional coordination with human resources as it pertains to employee relations
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of experience in fragrance industry or closely related industry with heavy fragrance influence
- 7+ years of experience developing and launching global fragrance strategies and marketing initiatives
- 5+ of management experience
- Fragrance evaluation experience
- Experience working with fragrance vendors
- Leadership experience
- Have a passion for fragrance and stay up to date on current fragrance trends
- Have a deep understanding Scentsy’s customer and Consultant fragrance preferences
- Serve as a subject matter authority on fragrance within the Company
- Contribute expert technical knowledge to advance internal initiatives
- Dive in and do what needs to be done
- Aligned with Scentsy values of Simplicity, Authenticity, and Generosity
- Desire to work hard, contribute to a growing organization, and have fun
- Sense of humor required
- Adhere to all established procedures, policies, and safety rules as outlined by the Company
- Expected to work 40 hours per week; some overtime may be required
- Some travel occasionally required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent scent memory and an ability to identify olfactive overlap across hundreds of new and discontinued fragrances in an ongoing manner
- Strong knowledge of the olfactive market
- Strong knowledge of working with raw materials and how they interact or impact fragrances
- Working knowledge of fragrance ingredients (4000+) to provide detailed direction to fragrance houses to improve or modify fragrance submissions and to communicate specific feedback
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills to enable smooth processes with multi-disciplinary teams, stakeholders, and external consultants
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate, stimulate, and inspire employees to maximize their efforts in customer service, quality and productivity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills such as project or task management and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking skills, and independent thinking to overcome challenges
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving environment
- Ability to perform calmly under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to create and deliver work quickly, efficiently, and with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize multiple and concurrent projects in an extremely fast-paced work environment
- Ability to properly discern scents
- Frequently exposed to raw chemicals and strong scents
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking up to 10% of the time
- Ability to occasionally bend, squat, stand walk, push and pull, reach above shoulder level, have both arms and legs accessible, and perform manual dexterity
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to frequently read, comprehend, write, perform basic mathematic calculations, communicate orally, and reason and analyze
- Ability to work at a computer station and view a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Working knowledge of computers and all applicable software including Microsoft Office Suite
Contact Person: Crystal Byington, Recruiter Human Resources
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT –– (Job Id EV1508-01)
Posted: August 19, 2015
Location: Europe or North America
Evolva is a 10-year old publicly-traded company (SIX: EVE), committed to improving health, wellness and nutrition of people around the world in a sustainable way. Evolva employs over 150 people in Europe, North America and Asia (http://www.evolva.com).
Evolva develops high value ingredients for a number of industry segments worldwide. Evolva focuses on ingredients that can provide the following benefits to our partners and end-users: higher performance and quality, more sustainable and affordable, proven health benefits, and ease-of-use. Currently, Evolva has several products in the market:
- Resveratrol - a powerful anti-oxidant with various benefits for human and animal health/nutrition and cosmetics;
- Vanillin – a ubiquitous flavor ingredient, launched in partnership with IFF for the flavor and fragrance (F&F) industry;
- Nootkatone - a fragrance ingredient with promising uses in the insect control market; and
- Valencene - an intermediate for the F&F industry.
Evolva collaborates with a number of industry leaders to develop and commercialize novel and existing ingredients. Our partnerships include:
- Cargill on stevia and a next generation food and beverage ingredient;
- Takasago on multiple projects in F&F;
- L’Oréal in cosmetic;
- Valent Biosolutions on agricultural bioactives;
- Roquette on food ingredients;
- BASF on crop protection; and
- Ajinomoto in personal care.
Evolva has built up a fully integrated engine to successfully discover and produce small molecules originating from nature cost-effectively at full-scale. Evolva and its partners can leverage this core competency into the discovery and manufacturing of products to address market needs and trends.
With the increasing interest from potential partners, Evolva is looking to expand its Business Development team by adding a new Director of Business Development.
The position The new Director of Business Development will be in charge of industrial business deals and her/his main responsibilities will be to generate a solid deal pipeline throughout the industries Evolva is focusing on, while representing the company in its outreach function.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, relentlessly pursue and close deals.
- Scientific profile desired with an ability to pitch biobased-technology.
- Able to build the commercial/investment case on potential collaborations.
- English compulsory; other languages a plus.
- International business competencies mandatory.
- 5 or more years’ experience in business development positions.
- Ability to establish strong relationship with clients.
- Open minded, energetic, tenacious, resilient and audacious.
- Ability to work in a network environment in a fast pace biotechnology company.
- >50% of time travelling.
- Proactive individual with an entrepreneur attitude and an ability to be point person.
Location & Package
Europe or North America
Competitive biotechnology package, reporting to the Chief Business Officer
To apply, please submit your application online at www.evolva.com.
We only accept applications submitted on-line.
Inside Sales Associate
Posted: August 04, 2015
Location: NJ, USA
Global Essence is expanding its Central Jersey based sales team. As a supplier of flavor, fragrance and personal care ingredients we are seeking an intelligent, energetic and ambitious person for a newly created inside sales position. You will be part of our dynamic and aggressive sales team and responsible for helping achieve our growth and revenue goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and cultivate long term relationships with customers
- Ability to prospect and develop new and existing accounts and increase sales orders
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions and making recommendations to management
- Increase sales quotas and revenue targets within a specified territory
- Extensive cold calling and developing buying relationships
- Travel throughout entire sales territory to existing and potential client sites with the potential to travel 20-30% in future
- Excellent organizational, planning and reporting skills
- Attend regular sales meetings, trade shows and conference calls as necessary
- Communication, follow up and consistency a must
- 1-3 Years of previous sales experience is preferred but not required
- Previous industry experience a plus but not required
- Experience prospecting, building a pipeline, or networking preferred but not required
- Proficiency in computer applications, including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint)
- Performance-driven and takes full ownership for personal and team results while continually striving to find new ways to improve
- Energetic with an entrepreneurial personality and ability to establish and maintain client relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Works well independently
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Multi-lingual a plus
- Competitive salary
- Annual salary review
- Year-end bonus program
- Health and dental benefits offered
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal time
- Opportunity for advancement
Qualified candidates, please send resume for review to the email address below.