Find a Job
Job seekers can post their qualifications on our career board for free. To post your qualifications, send a 1-2 paragraph summary of your objectives and experience to Paige Crist.
Fill a Position
To find out how our career board can help your organization reach top candidates, contact Paige Crist.
Flavorist, Sweet or Beverage, Flavor & Taste Creation Platform
Posted: November 20, 2014
Location: United States-Virginia-Richmond
Description:Organizational Marketing Statement
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare (PCH) is among the largest over-the-counter (OTC) health care products companies in the world, with a global footprint of operations in more than 90 counties. We maintain leadership positions in many markets and sell two of the top 10 global brands (Advil® and Centrum®). PCH develops, manufactures and markets leading non-prescription medicines, vitamins and nutritional products. We strive to bring new and better solutions to market to help consumers around the world support their health and enhance personal wellbeing.
PC drives growth through major global brands including Centrum® (the world's #1 multivitamin), Caltrate® (the world's #1 calcium supplement) and Advil® (the world's #1 ibuprofen analgesic brand). The division's major categories consist of Pain Management, Dietary Supplements, Upper Respiratory, Personal Care and Gastrointestinal.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare is looking for a Flavorist, Sweet or Beverage, Flavor & Taste Creation Platform, R&D , to join our Global Operations Research & Development team in Richmond, VA.
- Proactive, positive and engaged team member who will work with all therapeutic areas and dosage forms in the PCH portfolio.
- A member of the Global R&D, Taste Creation and Flavor Technology Team, driving productive interfaces with internal and external partners such as Product Design, Analytical, Pfizer Global Supply (PGS), Quality and Manufacturing teams as well as strategic partners to provide assessments and drive implementation of new flavor development technologies, processes and capabilities.
- Contribute directly to the development of novel, innovative flavor profiles and taste experiences in a wide range of dosage forms for dietary supplements, pain management, gastrointestinal, upper respiratory and personal care.
- Ensures projects are planned and completed using sound technical principles in accordance with agreed upon project timing.
- Participates in due diligence, new business opportunity and product assessments.
- Effective and influential presentations and writing skills with the ability to tailor messages to a variety of audiences as appropriate (e.g. external, commercial, management, scientific).
- Conduct work in a manner compliant with applicable federal, state and local regulations and Pfizer policies.
- Understands product development and facility management requirements in both a development and cGMP manufacturing environment.
A member of the Taste Creation and Flavor Technology Team within Global R&D Operations, contributing to flavor creation, flavor profile improvement, sweetness enhancement, bitterness masking, mitigation of off-taste, to the development of structure- function relationships of taste-active compounds, and to collaborative efforts with internal/external partners.
- Help build departmental technology capabilities in the Flavor and Taste team.
- Contribute to product development efforts in PCH Global R&D working closely with Product Design, Analytical, PGS Technology and Marketing colleagues.
- Contribute to the evaluation of technologies to support the development of innovative flavor profiles that delight consumers.
- Has an understanding of manufacturing unit process, development and manufacturing operations as well as compliance requirements in a cGMP environment.
- Exhibits a deep understanding of experimental design and analysis leading to robust conclusions and subsequent decisions.
- Leads sweet/beverage flavor creation for applications activities to support existing and new business growth opportunities at targeted Dietary Supplement, Over the Counter and Ethical Pharmaceutical, Consumer Health and Medical Food customers.
- 10+ Years of active flavor creation and application work is a plus
- Must have understanding of GC/MS, LC/MS and other industry standards for flavor analysis.
- Anticipate, investigate and resolve problems with raw materials, flavor systems and finished products.
- Participate directly and provide cross-functional leadership in strategic categories and platform initiatives.
- Assists in Flavor Training Program and provides technical services and guidance globally.
Education & ExperiencePrefer Degree in Flavor Chemistry, Flavor Science, Chemistry, Food Sciences, Food Chemistry, Advanced degree in Pharmaceutics or related discipline also acceptable.
BS degree with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience
MS degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
Ph.D. degree with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Ability to create sweet and beverage flavors. Certified Flavorist is a plus.
- Ability to impact the development of novel flavor and taste masking capabilities across all brand franchise teams and therapeutic areas.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with third party flavor houses to exploit current trends in global flavor systems and leverage these in PCH products
- Proven communication and collaboration skills
- Proven scientific and technical leadership and problem solving abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Company: Pfizer Consumer Healthcare (PCH)
Contact Person: Janice Burke
Food Oil Flavor Scientist
Posted: October 28, 2014
Location: San Francisco, CA USA
About the Job:
Muufri is reinventing the way milk is produced industrially. We believe that factory farms, artificial insemination, and automated milking machines are not the way to go. They're bad for cows, they're bad for the planet, and they fail to address the inefficiency inherent to animal farming. If milk were invented today, how would we make it? How would we produce enough to feed the whole world?
We're hard at work answering these questions - and in the process, designing the milk platform that will feed the world for centuries to come. If you want to join us, we'd love to talk!
Muufri has been featured in National Geographic, The Washington Post, and New Scientist, and is backed by Li Ka-shing, the wealthiest man in Asia.
- Location: San Francisco
- Salary: Competitive salary & benefits, including healthcare.
Candidates for this position will have an advanced degree in food science, chemistry, or a related field, and a proven record of research innovation. The job requires a comprehensive understanding of triglyceride chemistry, as well as expertise in food science characterization techniques. Industrial experience or post-doctoral experience is a plus. The successful candidate will lead the milk fat team to create different milk fat recipes for different dairy products, including novel flavor profiles.
- Manage assigned projects and monitor progress to ensure targets are met
- Lead fats team to work cross-functionally between scientific and engineering teams
- Create new design & methods to characterize and optimize fat compositions
- Participate in pilot and field trial testing of the new developed products
- Design and implement new laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and protocol
- Perform aroma and taste research.
- Develop systematic plan for sourcing botanical/food samples with desirable flavor or taste properties.
- Conduct sensory or other bio-activity guided separation and identification of aroma and taste active components using chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques (with focus on mass spectroscopy).
- Provide technical and scientific oversight of analytical/natural products research.
- Keep accurate records, analyze data, draw conclusions, and recommend appropriate actions.
- Ph.D. in natural product chemistry or analytical chemistry with one to three years relevant (industry) experience or M.S. degree and 5+ years relevant (industry) experience.
- Interpretation skills of NMR and MS spectra.
- Advanced experience in modern chromatographic (MPLC, HPLC), preparative and semi-preparative isolations of minor components from complex mixtures.
- Extensive experience in flavor research or relevant food chemistry.
- Experience in: computer aided data processing, mass spectra libraries, and NMR databases and statistical tools.
- Must feel comfortable working in a team environment and excellent people skills are essential.
- Familiarity with sensory evaluation principles/methods is a plus.
To apply for this position: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please put PerfumerFlavorist in the subject)
Sales Manager- Fragrance and Flavor ingredients
Posted: October 10, 2014
Location: Regions: Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium etc
Associate Allied Chemicals Europe is a Grasse, France based distributor of fragrance and flavor ingredients. AACE is a part of Associate Allied Chemical Group that has offices in India, Dubai and France and operating in the F&F industry for the past 35 years. AACE is expanding it's presence in Europe and is looking for individuals who are able to lead sales and business development in new regions including but not limited to Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium etc.
- Minimum 5 years of Industry experience in Fragrance and Flavor industry in a Sales capacity with basic knowledge about industry and products.
- Added advantage if past experience is in a fragrance ingredient distribution or production company in Europe
- Ability to develop new key accounts, build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Develop new ideas for business development and provide strategic input to management
- Extensive travel necessary
- Represent company at industry trade-fairs, conferences
- Flexibility of either being based in Grasse, France or work remotely from present location
For more information about AACE, please go to our website www.aac-europe.com.For applications, please email your resume to the address below.
All applications will stay strictly confidential.
Company: Associate Allied Chemicals Europe
Consultant for flavor ingredients application
Posted: October 10, 2014
A China-located flavor ingredients manufacturer is looking for a consultant to help them market their flavor ingredients to the major clients.
- A retired flavorist with solid working experience on flavor ingredients application in top Tens F/F houses
- willing to work 1 to 2 months a year including but not limited to:
- 2-3 weeks of travelling to visit major clients and to provide technical support to our sales team.
- 3-4 weeks to prepare flavor ingredients’ organoleptic characteristics.
- 1-2 weeks of training to our QC dept on sensory evaluation including odor and taste in our headquarters in Xiamen, China
Contact Person: Jeff Peng
Posted: October 07, 2014
Descrizione: responsabile vendite Italia fragranze La società JEAN NIEL S.A. (Grasse - Francia) per la sua divisione fragranze è alla ricerca di un responsabile commerciale / agente per il mercato italiano.
- da 3 a 5 anni di esperienza commerciale in Italia (EDT, creme e shampoo), sul mercato italiano.
- Lingua estera: inglese o francese.
- Molto motivato (orientato ai risultati)
- Autonomo nella gestione organizzativa.
- Fisso mensile, provvigioni, rimborso spese.
- Formazione tecnica ed aggiornamenti periodici presso la nostra società.
Per ulteriori info contattare:
Sig. Antonio Casaburi (M + 39 0339 451 1444) e-mail: email@example.com
Sig. Georges de Boutiny (M + 33 6 15 92 03 47) e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company: JEAN NIEL Fragrances & flavors, Grasse, France
Contact Person: Georges de BOUTINY, MD
Posted: September 25, 2014
Location: Valhalla, NY USA
Drive the development, application, and commercialization of new flavors in support of Pepsi's global business growth objectives. Implement flavor taste modification knowledge and technical formulation skills to deliver innovative flavor modification systems that drive a reduced calorie portfolio.
- Solid understanding of flavor raw materials and ingredient interactions in general and those specifically leveraged in the design, optimization, and production of flavor systems
- Demonstrate strong technical skills in understanding flavor creations and their application to beverage systems both carbonated and non-carbonated. General knowledge of basic chemistry and food science principles as related to the flavor and beverage industries
- Expertise in the creation of a broad spectrum of flavors. Integrate a thorough technical understanding of flavor raw materials (natural and artificial) into the design, quality, and stability of flavor systems
- Capability to modify existing flavor formulations to deliver specific profiles. Collaborate and work under the guidance of senior creative flavor staff
- Identify, accelerate, execute fast to market flavor approaches to meet project goals and deliver winning taste profiles to consumers. All cost targets met
- Interface and build strategic networks and effective working relationships with vendors across the flavor industry as necessary to support project work
- Successfully transition from bench top prototypes to large scale commercialization in support of global growth initiatives. Understand technical roadmaps, hurdles and key challenges. Final flavors are plant-friendly and sustainable
- In-depth understanding of modifier tools and demonstrated formulation skills when implementing modifiers across the product portfolio.
- Strong technical and creative flavor background with emphasis on experience in flavor creation and technology. Proven track record in flavor creation, commercialization and hands-on bench capability
- Results oriented with the ability to manage, balance and prioritize multiple project initiatives in order to meet business objectives
- Contribute to and foster a technically focused and creative environment to build PepsiCo's competitive advantage
- Experienced in multi-functional teams that are focused on multiple technology pathways
- Role model for teamwork, building relationships within the flavor group and across all partners
- Understand implications of flavor design across entire system and incorporate quality principles in work processes and output to deliver development initiatives with a total system mindset
- Highly motivated with the demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong organizational, project management, leadership, with verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. or M.S. with 5-7 years of experience working with ingredients and flavors in the food industry
- Certified Flavor Chemist preferred
- A proven track record in flavor development and hands-on bench capability
- Previous experience with juices, energy and beverages preferred.
- Successful creation and commercialization of flavors: extracts, emulsions and blends
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employment M/F/D/V
To apply please visit http://www.pepsicojobs.com/en/job-detail?slug=49245BR&cult=en-US