Find a Job
Job seekers can post their qualifications on our career board for free. To post your qualifications, send a 1-2 paragraph summary of your objectives and experience to Paige Crist.
Fill a Position
To find out how our career board can help your organization reach top candidates, contact Paige Crist.
European Sales Manager
Posted: March 06, 2014
Description:Major Aroma Chemicals and Flavor & Fragrances ingredients producer, O'Laughlin, recruits a European Sales Manager - Salary and location negotiable - Minimum 3 years experience in flavor and fragrance ingredient sales or related required - Strong written and verbal communication skills - Travel required Please email your resume/CV in confidence for consideration to Annchor@olaughlin.com.
Contact Person: Ann Chor
Job vacancy within IFEAT – Technical Advisor
Posted: March 03, 2014
In an effort to become more relevant and to meet the growing needs of its members, IFEAT is creating a new, advisory position of Technical Adviser.
Please find below the job description for this position. Remuneration has not yet been ascertained so we shall be open to discussion on this issue. Please advise the IFEAT Secretariat, at the email address below if you are interested in this position.
- The role is to support IFEAT in discerning and managing the best approach to issues and opportunities affecting the production and use of essential oils and their related materials.
- He / she will be involved in the set-up of specific scientific projects, and information letters, both under the supervision of the IFEAT Scientific Committee.
- He / she will also address immediate concerns related to new regulatory problems, and contribute towards addressing scientific and socio-economic issues affecting the industry.
- The IFEAT Technical Advisor will support the IFEAT Liaison Committee to enhance strong relationships with sister organisations (RIFM, EFEO, IFRA and other international and local organisations), in accordance with the directions set by the Executive Committee.
- He / she will be a good leader with proven ability to work with a team.
- He / she will possess good knowledge of regulatory/ toxicology issues and preferably have good experience in essential oils and aroma chemicals.
- He / she will be able to understand social and economic issues related to challenges and opportunities posed to the Industry.
- The job will be part-time, with details to be defined and agreed with the chosen candidate.
Contact Person: IFEAT Secretariat
Account Executive (Midwest)
Posted: February 04, 2014
Location: Chicago or surrounding Midwest United States
Solvay USA Inc., has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an Account Executive based out of a home office in Chicago area. The Aroma Performance business unit is a global leader in Vanilla Flavors. We are currently seeking a highly motivated, results oriented professional to cultivate and grow the Aroma Performance business unit’s presence within the sweet goods market.
- Execute the global strategy and business plan in North America
- Develop new customer base and accelerates revenue growth in the sweet goods market by promoting the new flavor ingredient product range
- Work with prospects and the Global application team to solve technical problems
- Manage the overall relationship between the customers, functions and organization at all levels
- Educate clients regarding company’s products and technologies
- Translate customer requirements and manage customer expectations by effective communication
- Keep abreast of competitive activities, prices and new business opportunities and maintain extensive business knowledge in the sweet good market
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50%
- Bachelor’s degree, prefer in food science, marketing or business;
- Minimum of 4 years sales experience within the food industry; (strong B2B experience);
- Demonstrated experience in the food industry specifically with sweet goods; including sales of technical ingredients;
- Proven track record of successful sales; key account management/development, and client relationships;
- Excellent organizational and presentations skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% You must be capable of working independently. Must have a hunter’s mentality, results-oriented and high level of initiative and enthusiasm.
Please submit resume to Jo Seymour via the email address below.
Company: Solvay USA Inc.
Contact Person: Jo Seymour
Posted: January 17, 2014
Location: Carrum Downs, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, full-time position
- Work with a friendly team
- A hands-on creative role
Essential Flavours & Ingredients is seeking a Flavourist to join our team in Carrum Downs, Victoria, Australia. This is a rewarding role within a fast growing company. The role would suit an experienced Flavourist to work with a dynamic and fast paced environment.Reporting to the Technical Manager, the responsibilities include:
- Carry out flavour development or application work and submit the products within the required timeframes
- Obtain knowledge on flavour ingredients and process technologies
- Creation of Encapsulated Flavour Systems (Spray Dried and Liquid Emulsions)
- Initiate and work on proactive flavour development projects and concepts
- Conduct testing of experimental raw materials and flavourings
- Effective use of relevant systems including SAP and those defined in the Essential SQF procedures
- Conduct investigations relating to raw material or finished product non-conformances
- Provide support to Operations Department by evaluating more effective and efficient production techniques
- Provide support to Commercial Department on issues relating to customer complaints
- Provide technical assistance to the technical team with regards to flavour development and flavour applications
- Provide assistance to Sales and / or conduct product presentations to customers
- Provide technical assistance and / or conduct training for internal and external customers
- Experience or sound knowledge in food flavour development: Liquids; Emulsions; Spray Dried
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or Organic Chemistry or related field
- Ability to work with a team in a professional manner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be computer literate with the use of Word, Excel and GC / MS software
- Good work ethics and a positive can-do approach to challenges
- Willingness to learn and keen interest in food tasting
- Focus on the day to day tasks of evaluating raw materials and finished products
Applicants must possess the following attributes: