Post a job and reach the F&F industry's best candidates, contact Paige Crist at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Quality Assurance - Regulatory Affairs Technician
Posted: November 29, 2016
Location: Hamilton, New Jersey
Global Essence Inc., a distributor of flavor and fragrance raw materials located in Hamilton, New Jersey has an opening for the position: Quality Assurance - Regulatory Affairs Technician.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The QA-Regulatory Affairs Technician will be responsible for assisting the Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs departments with handling and processing all relevant documentation related to Global Essence’s raw materials and finished products. Including but not limited to essential oils, aroma chemicals, botanical extracts, absolutes and concretes used within the flavor and fragrance industries.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for properly maintaining product documentation, including updating and writing technical documents in response to new and existing customer product development. The QA-Regulatory Affairs Technician will be tasked with maintaining regular communication with supply sources to keep internal documentation current, as well as satisfy customer technical document requests in a professional and timely manner.
PRIMARY TASKS INCLUDE:
- The writing of technical documentation including: SDS, Specification Sheets, Allergen Certificates, GMO Certificates, Food Grade Certificates, Natural Certificates, Ingredient Statements, Nutritional Information and all other relevant flavor and fragrance raw material documentation.
- Insure the timely completion of customer document requests.
- Maintain existing Kosher certificates as well as the submission of new or updated certificates. If needed, assist with monthly audits from our rabbinical service.
- Work directly with Purchasing and Quality Assurance departments to review and code new raw materials prior to QA/QC submission.
- Maintain existing Organic certificates and the submission of new certificates to our Organic certifying agency.
- Assist with reviewing and revising company SOP’s for the Regulatory Affairs Department, to insure compliance against our company and BRC standards.
- Assist the Quality Assurance department in the analysis of raw materials such as essential oils and aroma chemicals as needed.
REQUIREMENTS: Global Essence Inc. prides itself on providing superior customer service, with a high attention to detail and personal touch to our customer base. The successful candidate for this position must be able to work on a professional level with our customers to insure satisfactory completion of requests. A high level of organization skills along with time management skills is required in this fast-paced work environment.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Chemistry or related science/food science field.
Experience: Preferably 1 to 2 years of laboratory experience within the flavor/fragrance industry. Hands on QA/QC experience along with general GC/GCMS knowledge is a plus. Knowledge of essential oils and aroma chemicals, along with their general manufacturing processes is a plus. A strong background in computer usage plus a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Access are required. The successful candidate must have a go-getter attitude which is essential in this fast paced work environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Shows a passion about their work
- Thorough understanding of customer care/service
- Medical, Dental and Vision are offered
- Retirement Plans (401K)
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Time offered
- Competitive salary to commensurate with experience
- Opportunity for advancement
If you are interested in this very diverse opportunity in an industry that is both dynamic and volatile, please email Sean Grimes at at the email address below with your resume.