DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT –– (Job Id EV1508-01)
Posted: August 19, 2015
Location: Europe or North America
Evolva is a 10-year old publicly-traded company (SIX: EVE), committed to improving health, wellness and nutrition of people around the world in a sustainable way. Evolva employs over 150 people in Europe, North America and Asia (http://www.evolva.com).
Evolva develops high value ingredients for a number of industry segments worldwide. Evolva focuses on ingredients that can provide the following benefits to our partners and end-users: higher performance and quality, more sustainable and affordable, proven health benefits, and ease-of-use. Currently, Evolva has several products in the market:
- Resveratrol - a powerful anti-oxidant with various benefits for human and animal health/nutrition and cosmetics;
- Vanillin – a ubiquitous flavor ingredient, launched in partnership with IFF for the flavor and fragrance (F&F) industry;
- Nootkatone - a fragrance ingredient with promising uses in the insect control market; and
- Valencene - an intermediate for the F&F industry.
Evolva collaborates with a number of industry leaders to develop and commercialize novel and existing ingredients. Our partnerships include:
- Cargill on stevia and a next generation food and beverage ingredient;
- Takasago on multiple projects in F&F;
- L’Oréal in cosmetic;
- Valent Biosolutions on agricultural bioactives;
- Roquette on food ingredients;
- BASF on crop protection; and
- Ajinomoto in personal care.
Evolva has built up a fully integrated engine to successfully discover and produce small molecules originating from nature cost-effectively at full-scale. Evolva and its partners can leverage this core competency into the discovery and manufacturing of products to address market needs and trends.
With the increasing interest from potential partners, Evolva is looking to expand its Business Development team by adding a new Director of Business Development.
The position The new Director of Business Development will be in charge of industrial business deals and her/his main responsibilities will be to generate a solid deal pipeline throughout the industries Evolva is focusing on, while representing the company in its outreach function.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, relentlessly pursue and close deals.
- Scientific profile desired with an ability to pitch biobased-technology.
- Able to build the commercial/investment case on potential collaborations.
- English compulsory; other languages a plus.
- International business competencies mandatory.
- 5 or more years’ experience in business development positions.
- Ability to establish strong relationship with clients.
- Open minded, energetic, tenacious, resilient and audacious.
- Ability to work in a network environment in a fast pace biotechnology company.
- >50% of time travelling.
- Proactive individual with an entrepreneur attitude and an ability to be point person.
Location & Package
Europe or North America
Competitive biotechnology package, reporting to the Chief Business Officer
To apply, please submit your application online at www.evolva.com.
We only accept applications submitted on-line.
Seeking Entry Level Position as Trainee or Assistant Flavorist
Posted: June 29, 2015
Preferred Location: Willing to move anywhere within the USA and Canada
Name: Walter Zielenski
I am a student in chemical engineering expecting to graduate in May of 2016, and I'm seeking out a position in Flavor Chemistry right off the bat. I have held internships in the past in flavor creation and encapsulation research, as well as consumer product fragrance analysis. Upon obtaining my first internship in the industry, I was absolutely captivated by the field and finding myself in a position to become a Flavorist once I graduate is my greatest goal as a student; I've already taken steps toward learning the types of raw ingredients used in the industry in my free time.
I have experience in the lab, both academically and professionally, and experience with GC, NMR, and MS. As a newly hired member of any flavor-creation team, I wish to bring a new creative perspective to apply to my projects, dovetailed with my engineering savvy to create cost effective yet delicious flavors. As a recent graduate, I would not be averse to moving across the country for work.
Feel free to contact me on LinkedIn or email for any additional information. LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=225192342