Posted: October 08, 2015
Location: Lakeland, FL USA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: CEO
EEOC Class: Professional
General Summary: As a key member of the Treatt USA leadership team, and the Global Innovation Team, the TUSA Innovation Manager is charged with leading the US-based Innovation Team in the research and development of new ingredient solutions in a manner that is congruent with the business strategy. This includes leading and developing the members of the US-based team, performing technical presentations, ensuring the production of all necessary product documentation, overseeing R&D, applications, and sensory evaluations of new products - ingredients, as well as formulated solutions.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage product development projects within the region and in conjunction with the global iTeam to effectively meet customer needs within the defined cost and time parameters.
- Efficiently manage the project portfolio by allocating necessary resources to projects to ensure priority and ultimately success.
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing to fully understand product development requirements to build customer intimacy and leverage it also to identify new business opportunities.
- Guide R&D personnel, working in conjunction with Purchasing to identify raw materials for the development of novel ingredients solutions.
- Oversee R&D activities and coordinate R&D trials with Production associated with the scale up of new products, as well as efficiency optimization of existing products and or technologies.
- Provide Technical support to Production, Engineering, QC/QA, Regulatory, Sales and Marketing associated with new products.
- Partner with Supply Chain to determine costing for new products.
- Manage R&D budget and provide senior leadership team members with accurate budgetary and operational reports on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Provide TUSA Management and the pertinent functional departments with ongoing and consistent communication on the status of development projects.
- Evaluate the organizational structure and team plans to ensure continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group while providing team members with professional and personal growth opportunities.
- Act in the best interest of Treatt at all times.
- All other duties as customary or as delegated.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of Chemistry – in particular the procedures and processes of food science, compounded flavors and flavor ingredients development.
- Proven record of leadership of an R&D organization in the F&F, or Food Industry.
- Demonstrate superior ability to effectively communicate at all levels both orally and in writing.
- Highly skilled in developing and executing operational and strategic plans.
- Highly skilled in the use of various laboratory equipment and methodologies. Including: gas chromatography, mass spectrometry and other analytical methods.
- Ability to use various spreadsheets, word-processing and database computer software.
Required Education and Experience A Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Food Science or related field, plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a lab or product development environment, with a preference for 10 years of experience. A successful track record of project and people management in the F&F and or food & beverage industry.
Working Conditions Normal Laboratory and office working conditions.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Company: Treatt USA
Contact Person: Yolanda Garrett
Seeking Entry Level Position as Trainee or Assistant Flavorist
Posted: June 29, 2015
Preferred Location: Willing to move anywhere within the USA and Canada
Name: Walter Zielenski
I am a student in chemical engineering expecting to graduate in May of 2016, and I'm seeking out a position in Flavor Chemistry right off the bat. I have held internships in the past in flavor creation and encapsulation research, as well as consumer product fragrance analysis. Upon obtaining my first internship in the industry, I was absolutely captivated by the field and finding myself in a position to become a Flavorist once I graduate is my greatest goal as a student; I've already taken steps toward learning the types of raw ingredients used in the industry in my free time.
I have experience in the lab, both academically and professionally, and experience with GC, NMR, and MS. As a newly hired member of any flavor-creation team, I wish to bring a new creative perspective to apply to my projects, dovetailed with my engineering savvy to create cost effective yet delicious flavors. As a recent graduate, I would not be averse to moving across the country for work.
Feel free to contact me on LinkedIn or email for any additional information. LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=225192342