Posted: January 20, 2016
Location: Central, NJ, USA
A flavor formulation company located in Central, NJ is currently seeking a Senior Flavorist to create consumer preferred, cost effective flavors to satisfy internal product development and external customer needs with the goal of increasing profitability. Utilize appropriate raw materials and follow proper legislative requirements. Collaborate interdepartmentally to make the world taste better.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct flavor creation and sampling needs
- Independently develop new flavors to meet the needs of client’s specifications and cost requirements
- Duplication of flavors as requested
- Translation of analytical information (GC, HPLC)
- Research and develop taste modification solutions
- Develop and maintain flavor library
- Develop methods for rapid retrieval of flavors against customer demands
- Support product development with finished flavors
- Research new raw materials
- Initiate new raw material item process
- Provide flavor related guidance to QC and Regulatory departments
- Document and maintain records as needed
- Communicate results, project status and other information to staff, internal customers, management and clients
- Be a member of at least one Company committee - such as Safety, HACCP, First Responders, Food Defense or GMP Audit Team
- Understand and execute SQF principles as they apply to this function including documentation and record keeping
- Knowledge of company certified programs such as HACCP, NSF, SQF, Food Defense and Food Safety
- Participate productively as a team member, contributing actively to the team process and executing tasks as required
- Assist with other areas as requested
- Ensures all critical jobs are completed within the department, with priority given to task related to Food Safety.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Chemistry, Food Science or a related field or related experience
Experience: Minimum of 7 years related job experience is required. Certified Member of the Society of Flavor Chemists. Beverage experience is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of flavor chemicals and flavor regulatory concerns
- Must be a problem-solver with an eye toward improving efficiency
- Good Math skills
- Attention to detail, neat and organized
- Lab safety and proper lab documentation skills required
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Word and Excel (stats, graphs and refractive index)
- Knowledge of densitometer, flashpoint apparatus, refract and GC a plus
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills
We provide all of our employees with a fun, friendly, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including health and retirement packages.
Send your resume in Word format with your salary requirements to the email address below.
Seeking Entry-Level Position as Trainee Perfumer
Posted: December 04, 2015
Preferred Location: Willing to relocate anywhere, preferably European region
Name: Eun-young Park
I am an aspiring perfumer currently seeking entry-level position in order to start my career as Trainee perfumer. Self-motivated with strong passion and curiosity for learning, I have creative experiences in various fields, unique academic background of Chemical Engineering and Philosophy, and professional experiences in overseas Marketing.
One of my core strengths is the ability to derive concrete results from creative experience, meeting both the deadline and the objective. Competent at absorbing new methods and technology, I have taught myself to write music, direct short films, and design digital images to achieve my goals under pressuring situations.
With double major in Chemical Engineering, and Philosophy, I have a strong academic background.Chemistry being the fundamental base of aroma materials, and Philosophy adding the creative expansion of perfumery, I believe my academic background is suited for a versatile perfumer.
Currently working as International Business Manager, I have gained professional understanding of international sales and marketing, which I believe will be helpful in understanding the industry and marketing of perfumes. Major works include: Evaluation of global consumer base, promotion of products through Social Network Services, and formulating marketing strategies.
Feel free to contact me by email for any additional information.