FIT faculty position in the Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing Department.
Posted: November 19, 2015
Location: New York, NY
Description:About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology, of the State University of New York, invites nominations and applications for a full-time tenure-track faculty position in the Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing Department.
Job Description: The ideal candidate will possess the creative and business skills for marketing and product development in the cosmetics, fragrance and toiletries industries while being able to identify emerging trends in the beauty industry. This new faculty member will be an integral part of implementing the strategic goals of the department and should demonstrate the ability to take part in administrative activities. Responsibilities will include promoting the program, mentoring students interested in the discipline and building strong partnerships in the cosmetics, fragrance and toiletries field. In addition to excellent professional credentials, the candidate should demonstrate interest or experience in teaching and scholarly research or instruction, the ability to produce innovative curriculum, a desire to participate in department and college-wide committee work, and most importantly possess a passion for the cosmetics and fragrance industry with the ability to convey this excitement to students.
Specific competencies sought as related to the position:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the global nature of the beauty industry.
- Possess a keen sense of professional, ethical and social responsibility and demonstrate ability to recognize and be sensitive to all racial, ethnic, religious and social groups in a multicultural environment.
- Embrace the concept of sustainability as part of the learning process.
- Understand the unique global aspects of beauty marketing and product development across geographic boundaries.
- Implement an academically rigorous experience by incorporating business practices with classroom learning.
- Create a variety of assessment tools for student work to capture the wide variety of learning styles in the classroom.
- Incorporate interdisciplinary programs to mirror the ways in which industry works in the cosmetics and fragrance business.
- Maintain strong connections with the beauty industry to allow for the integration of new professional procedures into the curriculum.
- Embrace new forms of pedagogy including online teaching, blended classes, and experiential learning.
- Foster writing, research and critical thinking skills in the classroom.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of team building skills.
- Provide platforms for the development of student presentation capabilities.
- Maintain active participation and engage in industry-related research projects which can inform and enhance the discipline.
- Participate in global conferences for the cosmetics and fragrance industries.
- Maintain a strong network of alumni and industry experts who will serve as a resource for internships, mentors, curriculum development, guest speakers and placement opportunities for graduates.
- Demonstrate currency and engagement in the primary teaching disciplines.
- Demonstrate ability to apply the latest technologies to enhance learning and teaching including proficiency in PC or MAC-based operating systems, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Key Note, and the Adobe Suite.
- Incorporate programs provided by the SUNY Learning Network (SLN)-Blackboard in the classroom and in online and blended classes.
- Attend workshop, seminars, and other educational opportunities offered to/for FIT faculty.
- Provide students with knowledge of the latest technologies used by the cosmetics and fragrance industries.
- Letter of interest clearly indicating your qualifications for the position;
- Professional Résumé/Curriculum Vitae;
- Contact information for a minimum of three professional references, including names, titles, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail contact information.
Requirements:Master's degree with a minimum of seven (7) years of experience as an executive in the cosmetics and fragrance industry. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Application Instructions:This is a full-time, tenure-track faculty position beginning in Fall 2016. Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. The salary and appointment rank will be based on education level and cumulative experience. Please note a background check is required for appointment to this position.
To apply, please visit https://www.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=64943. Online applications are strongly encouraged.
Please provide the following:
Please note that due to the volume of applications, we will not be able to contact each applicant individually.
Additional information about the Fashion Institute of Technology can be found at www.fitnyc.edu.
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, national origin, gender, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals.
Company: FIT: Fashion Institute of Technology
Seeking Entry Level Position as Trainee or Assistant Flavorist
Posted: June 29, 2015
Preferred Location: Willing to move anywhere within the USA and Canada
Name: Walter Zielenski
I am a student in chemical engineering expecting to graduate in May of 2016, and I'm seeking out a position in Flavor Chemistry right off the bat. I have held internships in the past in flavor creation and encapsulation research, as well as consumer product fragrance analysis. Upon obtaining my first internship in the industry, I was absolutely captivated by the field and finding myself in a position to become a Flavorist once I graduate is my greatest goal as a student; I've already taken steps toward learning the types of raw ingredients used in the industry in my free time.
I have experience in the lab, both academically and professionally, and experience with GC, NMR, and MS. As a newly hired member of any flavor-creation team, I wish to bring a new creative perspective to apply to my projects, dovetailed with my engineering savvy to create cost effective yet delicious flavors. As a recent graduate, I would not be averse to moving across the country for work.
Feel free to contact me on LinkedIn or email for any additional information. LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=225192342