Flavorist, Sweet or Beverage, Flavor & Taste Creation Platform
Posted: November 20, 2014
Location: United States-Virginia-Richmond
Description:Organizational Marketing Statement
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare (PCH) is among the largest over-the-counter (OTC) health care products companies in the world, with a global footprint of operations in more than 90 counties. We maintain leadership positions in many markets and sell two of the top 10 global brands (Advil® and Centrum®). PCH develops, manufactures and markets leading non-prescription medicines, vitamins and nutritional products. We strive to bring new and better solutions to market to help consumers around the world support their health and enhance personal wellbeing.
PC drives growth through major global brands including Centrum® (the world's #1 multivitamin), Caltrate® (the world's #1 calcium supplement) and Advil® (the world's #1 ibuprofen analgesic brand). The division's major categories consist of Pain Management, Dietary Supplements, Upper Respiratory, Personal Care and Gastrointestinal.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare is looking for a Flavorist, Sweet or Beverage, Flavor & Taste Creation Platform, R&D , to join our Global Operations Research & Development team in Richmond, VA.
- Proactive, positive and engaged team member who will work with all therapeutic areas and dosage forms in the PCH portfolio.
- A member of the Global R&D, Taste Creation and Flavor Technology Team, driving productive interfaces with internal and external partners such as Product Design, Analytical, Pfizer Global Supply (PGS), Quality and Manufacturing teams as well as strategic partners to provide assessments and drive implementation of new flavor development technologies, processes and capabilities.
- Contribute directly to the development of novel, innovative flavor profiles and taste experiences in a wide range of dosage forms for dietary supplements, pain management, gastrointestinal, upper respiratory and personal care.
- Ensures projects are planned and completed using sound technical principles in accordance with agreed upon project timing.
- Participates in due diligence, new business opportunity and product assessments.
- Effective and influential presentations and writing skills with the ability to tailor messages to a variety of audiences as appropriate (e.g. external, commercial, management, scientific).
- Conduct work in a manner compliant with applicable federal, state and local regulations and Pfizer policies.
- Understands product development and facility management requirements in both a development and cGMP manufacturing environment.
A member of the Taste Creation and Flavor Technology Team within Global R&D Operations, contributing to flavor creation, flavor profile improvement, sweetness enhancement, bitterness masking, mitigation of off-taste, to the development of structure- function relationships of taste-active compounds, and to collaborative efforts with internal/external partners.
- Help build departmental technology capabilities in the Flavor and Taste team.
- Contribute to product development efforts in PCH Global R&D working closely with Product Design, Analytical, PGS Technology and Marketing colleagues.
- Contribute to the evaluation of technologies to support the development of innovative flavor profiles that delight consumers.
- Has an understanding of manufacturing unit process, development and manufacturing operations as well as compliance requirements in a cGMP environment.
- Exhibits a deep understanding of experimental design and analysis leading to robust conclusions and subsequent decisions.
- Leads sweet/beverage flavor creation for applications activities to support existing and new business growth opportunities at targeted Dietary Supplement, Over the Counter and Ethical Pharmaceutical, Consumer Health and Medical Food customers.
- 10+ Years of active flavor creation and application work is a plus
- Must have understanding of GC/MS, LC/MS and other industry standards for flavor analysis.
- Anticipate, investigate and resolve problems with raw materials, flavor systems and finished products.
- Participate directly and provide cross-functional leadership in strategic categories and platform initiatives.
- Assists in Flavor Training Program and provides technical services and guidance globally.
Education & ExperiencePrefer Degree in Flavor Chemistry, Flavor Science, Chemistry, Food Sciences, Food Chemistry, Advanced degree in Pharmaceutics or related discipline also acceptable.
BS degree with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience
MS degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
Ph.D. degree with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Ability to create sweet and beverage flavors. Certified Flavorist is a plus.
- Ability to impact the development of novel flavor and taste masking capabilities across all brand franchise teams and therapeutic areas.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with third party flavor houses to exploit current trends in global flavor systems and leverage these in PCH products
- Proven communication and collaboration skills
- Proven scientific and technical leadership and problem solving abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Company: Pfizer Consumer Healthcare (PCH)
Contact Person: Janice Burke
Seeking a 6-month internship in the fragrance field to begin in spring 2015
Posted: October 14, 2014
Preferred Location: North America preferred, but open to any geographical location
Name: Katerina Juskey
I am passionate about fragrance and cosmetics, and I am seeking a 6-month internship in the field to begin in spring 2015. I am very interested in working within a fragrance evaluation department or as a perfumer trainee.
I have a dual competency Master in Cosmetics & Fragrance from the Institut Superieur de l'industrie du Parfum (ISIPCA) in France and the University of Padova in Italy, in addition to a Bachelor in Chemical Engineering from Queen's University, Canada. My previous experience includes a QA Chemist role at Estee Lauder and several interning positions at several cosmetics and fragrance companies. I would prefer to work in North America, but I am open to any geographical location. Please view resume for more information.