Senior Flavorist, Sweet Creation
Posted: May 27, 2015
Location: Chicago area headquarters
Bell Flavors & Fragrances, Inc. seeks Senior Flavorist, Sweet Creation for Chicago area headquarters.
Department: Flavor R&D
Reports To: Director of Creative Services
Summary: Senior Flavorist, Sweet Creation will focus on creative flavor development and commercialization, technical innovation, successful mentoring and training, and active customer engagement.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year College or university
- Extensive knowledge and experience developing flavors for sweet applications such as confectionary, beverages, and bakery items, etc.
- Six to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certified member of the Society of Flavor Chemists
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop flavor solutions including new creations, duplications, and modifications across a broad range of sweet flavor profiles to meet customer and internal project requirements
- Develop and apply appropriate methods to test stability of aroma chemicals and flavor materials through processing and application
- Interpret, assess and apply analytical data to successfully complete projects
- Drive the investigation and discovery of new ingredients technologies, materials, and methods that will provide innovative solutions to customer and industry challenges
- Generate & champion new innovative ideas, demonstrate feasibility and help commercialize successful ideas
- Serve as the flavor expert during the transfer of flavor formulas from lab to production by applying in-depth understanding of processes and operations to ensure successful product scale-up and troubleshooting of problems
- Support Sales & Marketing objectives by preparing and delivering customer presentations to key/target clients
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sweet and Beverage Application Specialists to create customized presentations for key/target clients
- Support and mentor Junior Flavorists and Technician staff
- Performs quality control tests on flavor prototypes and facilitates document generation with Quality Control and the Regulatory Departments
- Review material & Flavors for compliance with laws and regulatory requirements in the countries where Bell conducts business
- Participate in internal and external training and seminars for technical team
- Recognize problems, gather and interpret significant data to find creative solutions to complex issues
- Prepare and maintain accurate recordkeeping on all projects assigned
- Utilize good time management skills while working under pressure
- Follow all Federal, State, Lab and local safety regulations in performing work requirements
Company: Bell Flavors & Fragrances, Inc.
Contact Person: Maggie Khembo-Gary
Senior Level Perfumer Seeking Staff or Consulting Position
Posted: May 11, 2015
Name: David Basile
I’m an experienced perfumer with thirty-plus years in the fragrance industry currently available for a Staff Position or on a consulting basis to help you with any fragrance related challenges by providing my expertise in the following areas:
- Air care fragrances, including candles
- Personal care fragrances, both mass market & niche
- Fragrances for household & laundry care products
- Natural fragrances with or w/o organics
- Customer technical support
- Stability / QC related issues
I have served on staff at several fragrance supply houses including FlavorScents Inc., Belmay Inc., Charabot US, Trilogy Fragrances (C&A/Symrise), Inc., Bell F&F, as well as two global consumer product companies; Colgate-Palmolive and Unilever (Lever Brothers). Combined, these experiences afforded me a unique perspective on what it takes to create winning fragrances, which I have accomplished many times throughout my career.
My methodology is to utilize my vast perfumery knowledge base, infused with my passion and experience to create fragrances for products ranging from the traditional, to unique prototype product forms. My ultimate goal is to make your product smell immensely desirable for the targeted consumer, and do so within your specifications and cost parameters.
I am currently based in northern New Jersey, USA and I am open to travel and/or reasonable relocation to work in a traditional fragrance laboratory setting. Additionally, I have been a member of The American Society of Perfumers since 1982, am computer literate in several formulation, costing and project management systems, and will bring creativity a level of practicality and pragmatism to most challenges you may face.
You are invited to take a look at my LinkedIn profile to view several fragrance industry recommendations, as well as my professional experience and employment stats.(http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidbasile) I can be contacted by email: (email@example.com or voice mail at my office 1-(201) 483-3786 or my cell 1-(201) 638-0700.