Post a job and reach the F&F industry's best candidates, contact Paige Crist at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Global and Regional Account Manager (1603982)
Posted: December 15, 2016
Location: Florham Park, NJ
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we play and build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
The BASF Aroma Ingredients business is seeking a strong professional with demonstrated experience in sales or sales related activities to perform the role of Global Key Account Manager (GKAM) for one of the top FMCG companies as well as the regional Account Manager for other flavor and flavor related companies. The role is seen as an ideal opportunity for an individual to demonstrate their ability to develop and implement business strategies in a diverse and global business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing individual with entrepreneurial drive and the ability to communicate effectively join our team as a Global and Regional Account Manager who will build relationships at multiple levels within the customers’ organizations as well as within the Aroma Ingredients global team.
Formula for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Lead all activities to develop and grow the customers
- Acquire new customers and grow share with existing customers
- Represent BASF at all levels in the customer’s organization
- Manage and coordinate all internal stakeholders in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations
- Identify, negotiate, and close new opportunities for our products
- Collect customer demand and translate into accurate forecast
- Drive new business development locally and support globally
- Represent the North American business interests in global team
- Support development of global launch plans for BASF products and execute local implementation
- Increase market intelligence by bringing information around industries, competitors and customers back into the organization
- Implement strategic account-specific plans
- Develop strategic account planning with financial targets and critical milestones
- Understand market trends and unmet customer needs, applying this knowledge to key customer targets
- Implement customer differentiation and business rules
- Account Plans, call reports, monthly updates, reporting of any key intelligence data collected, lead documentation, pipeline maintenance, and forecasting.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Bachelor's degree(Business or a technical field preferred) OR a high school diploma with 8-10 years of experience in the relevant industry.
- Proven track record in Sales establishing and nurturing customer relationships
- 5+ years business experience in Sales, Marketing and Account Management Aroma Ingredients or related business required.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a global, multi-national organization is preferred.
- Flavor and/or Menthol/Mint Industry knowledge a plus
- Highly developed communication skills - verbal and written required.
- Able to travel 30% + of time.
- Strong presentation skills
To apply, please visit: http://on.basf.com/2gbI70y.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.