Fragrance is going through a tough time. According to NPD numbers, 10% fewer U.S. women age 18-24 and 5% fewer women age 25-34 reported shopping for fragrance in all of 2016. That's why it's notable that Scentbird created the below infographic, which demonstrates the most searched fragrance terms in 2016 by millennials. The results are based on 2 million fragrance search inquiries.
What Scent Trends are Millennials Looking for in 2017?
February 9, 2017
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Trends
- 562State of Fragrance Through 2018: The Rise of the Niche Fragrance
- 469[Video] Call it a Comeback: The Future of Fragrance
- 431Techy Fragrance Innovations Turn Heads (and Noses)
- 372Art and Olfaction Awards Honor Independent Perfumers
- 332Wrap Up in Hygge-Inspired F&F
- 270What Scent Trends are Millennials Looking for in 2017?
- 204Brazilian Fragrance Blooms in Color
- 141The Juice: Mandy Aftel – Changing the Perfume Game
- 139Waft This Way: Women’s Fragrance Trends Report
- 133The Juice: Fragrance Evaluators Tell Their Stories
This may give insight into shopping trends of millennials and how they will continue to purchase fragrance through 2017.
- Bloom, Groom or Doom—Market Research Study of the Men’s Fragrance Market
4/28/2016, Everett Johnson
- Changing Trends in the Marketing of Fragrances, Women’s and Men’s, in the United States
4/28/2016, Robert Ruttenberg
- Present and Future of the Japanese Fragrance and Flavor Industry
4/29/2016, Tatsuo Moroe, Hiroshi Takamatsu, Michiaki Kawasaki
- Forward Thinking: Fragrance Frenzy
6/8/2016, Amy Marks-McGee
- The Juice: Ruth Mastenbroek
6/8/2016, Pia Long