Most Popular in:
Link Roundup: Cyber Anthropology
Posted: June 24, 2008
In her article in the July issue, Michelle Krell Kydd discuss the online conversations and communities surrounding fragrance and calls for the industry to harness its potential: "The more I read blogs, the more apparent it became that they were fulfilling the consumer's need for authentic dialogue in the fragrance vertical; perfumers were being worshipped like rock stars." Here we provide the sites discussed in the story:
- Bois de Jasmin, a top fragrance blog created by Victoria Frolova.
- Glass Petal Smoke, Kydd's own blog examining gustative and olfactory subjects.
- Perfume of Life, a "thread-rich" online community.
- Now Smell This, a blog on all things fragrance.
- Bloglines and Google Reader provide free blog aggregation.
- "The Machine is Us/ing Us" is a prescient examination of the Web's impact on culture produced by Kansas State University anthropologist Michael Welsh.