By means of these senses they can communicate with their environment. With the senses of smell and taste the animal world communicates via chemicals. Chemical communication plays an important role in locating food, in inter-individual relations (social and sexual) and in detecting danger. With the chemical senses one may assume that a chemical substance (or mixture) interacts with a biological system resulting in a response. Human olfaction concerns the odor perception by human beings.
Main Verbal Responses During Human Olfaction
June 6, 2006
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Research
- 802The Juice: Dr. Jenny Tillotson and eScent
- 693Smell-Training Can Improve Olfactory Loss
- 613Odor Elimination Testing Never Smelled Better
- 22021st Century Leap of Fragrance
- 210Biological Scent Design
- 57The Mysterious Olfaction Molecule Unmasked
- 53Patent Pick: Extending Fragrance Noticeability
- 49Patent Pick: Smell Like a Sage
- 38Patent Pick: The Answer to Amber
- 36Study Connects Olfaction and Neurodegenerative Disease
- Nasal Cilia: The ‘Long and Short’ of Scent-sation
10/20/2015, Perfumer & Flavorist editors
- The Psychology of Perfume: Art vs. Science Commentary
1/4/2016, David Chirko
- Applying Neuroscience to Understand Consumer Preferences
1/4/2016, Niedziela et al.
- Adding Scents to Symbols
10/13/2015, Kate Williams, et al.
- Endpoint. Connecting the Dots in F&F
2/29/2016, Rachel L. Grabenhofer, Scientific Acquisitions Editor, Allured Business Media