IFRA Releases 47th Amendment to IFRA Code of Practice
Posted: June 11, 2013
The secretariat from the International Fragrance Association (IFRA) has released the 47th amendment to the IFRA Code of Practice.
IFRA urged its member associations to immediately disseminate this message to their members. The amendment consists of:
- Six new standards, based on the dermal sensitization QRA
- Four revised standards, based on the dermal sensitization QRA
- New standard restricting the use of Furfural
- New standard prohibiting the use of 2,4-Dienals (group standard replacing standards for individual materials)
- Eleven revised standards taking the contributions of Schiff Bases into account
- One standard, based on the dermal sensitization QRA, with a corrected maximum use level
- A new annex I containing much more composition data than the former one
- A new annex II for the management of Schiff bases – a category of fragrance ingredients prone to hydrolyzing
- An updated index of IFRA standards
To view IFRA's database of updated and new standards, click here.
Flavor and Fragrance Materials and Global Suppliers Right
Where You Need It!
Allured's Flavor and Fragrance Materials (FFM) Buyers'
Guide 2013 print directory is here! Materials are arranged
alphabetically by FEMA GRAS number, CAS number, natural,
artificial identification, botanical names, list of suppliers of
each ingredient, and in many cases, detailed company
information. Includes GRAS 25 and Interim GRAS list
Order Today at Alluredbooks - Materials and Suppliers at Your