Diethyl phthalate (DEP): A commonly used solvent compatible with most wax blends. Can cause fragrance bleeding if used in excess, and has been subject of recent media attention as an endocrine disruptor (though its safety has been affirmed by RIFM and IFRA). To view IFRA’s DEP statement click here.
IFRA DEP Position
March 28, 2007
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Regulatory
- 408Authentication of Natural Materials: What’s New?
- 304Encapsulating Intellectual Property
- 155Will all of Our Flowers be Gone?
- 122Natural and Organic: the Emerging Revolution
- 59California Safe Cosmetics Act List of Chemicals
- 33IFRA Updates Transparency List
- 29P&G Discloses List of Fragrance Ingredients Not Used
- 26SCCNFP Opinion Reports on Allergenic Substances
- 22SC Johnson Line Discloses a 'Full Ingredient List’
- 19Essential Oils & REACH