Diethyl phthalate (DEP): A commonly used solvent compatible with most wax blends. Can cause fragrance bleeding if used in excess, and has been subject of recent media attention as an endocrine disruptor (though its safety has been affirmed by RIFM and IFRA). To view IFRA’s DEP statement click here.
IFRA DEP Position
March 28, 2007
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Regulatory
- 68P&G Discloses List of Fragrance Ingredients Not Used
- 54California Safe Cosmetics Act List of Chemicals
- 53FTC Warns: Don't Make Zika Protection Claims Without Scientific Data
- 32SCCNFP Opinion Reports on Allergenic Substances
- 32SC Johnson Line Discloses a 'Full Ingredient List’
- 31IFRA Updates Transparency List
- 30Recent Policy Bans Fragrance in CDC Sites
- 27Reckitt Benckiser to List 26 E.U. Recognized Fragrance Allergens on U.S. Products
- 18IFRA NA Names Nguyen as Director, Government Affairs and Legal
- 11IFRA to Integrate Alternatives to Animal Testing