Diethyl phthalate (DEP): A commonly used solvent compatible with most wax blends. Can cause fragrance bleeding if used in excess, and has been subject of recent media attention as an endocrine disruptor (though its safety has been affirmed by RIFM and IFRA). To view IFRA’s DEP statement click here.
IFRA DEP Position
November 29, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Regulatory
- 149IFRANA Conference Discusses GHS Changes
- 56California Safe Cosmetics Act List of Chemicals
- 47Essential Oils & Lavender Farmers Affected by Regulations
- 47P&G Discloses List of Fragrance Ingredients Not Used
- 38IFRA NA Names Nguyen as Director, Government Affairs and Legal
- 33Defending Fragrance Ingredients
- 20IFRA Updates Transparency List
- 19Encapsulating Intellectual Property
- 19Essential Oils & REACH
- 18Authentication of Natural Materials: What’s New?
- Safety Aspects of Flavors and Fragrances
4/28/2016, Dr. Jan Stofberg
- Authentication of Natural Materials: What’s New?
11/2/2016, Laure Saint-Lary et al.
- Will all of Our Flowers be Gone?
12/2/2016, Kim Bleimann
- Encapsulating Intellectual Property
11/2/2016, Heidi Berven, Ph.D, J.D.
- SC Johnson Expands Ingredient List to Europe
5/27/2016, Megan Marfilius