Symrise’s Magnolan (2,4-dimethyl-4,4a,5,9b-tetrahydroindeno[1,2-d][1,3]dioxine; C13H16O2; CAS# 27606-09-3) is a stable, clear, colorless to yellowish liquid with a complex, transparent floral note. The material can be used to add specific effects in white floral concepts such as lily of the valley, magnolia, peony, gardenia, lilac and narcissus; in citrus types, the material’s blending effect gives diffusion to rose notes. Magnolan also blends well with dry, woody components (such as vetiver and cedarwood) and fougere accords.
November 19, 2009
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Synthetic
- 810Expanding Nature’s Palette: Q&A with Firmenich's Synthetics Team
- 65Schiff Bases — A Primer
- 54Synthetic Sandalwood Aroma Chemicals
- 49Fresh Marine Notes
- 48Aldehydes and Acetals - Part 1
- 37Perfumer’s Notes: Javanol
- 32Fragrance Creation: Gardenia in Perfumery
- 22Firmenich Launches Large-Scale Amber Ingredient
- 21An aroma chemical profilel: Linalool
- Expanding Nature’s Palette: Q&A with Firmenich's Synthetics Team
3/22/2017, Deniz Ataman