A colorless to pale, straw-colored slightly viscous liquid, Bell Flavors & Fragrances' γ-undecalactone, natural (FEMA# 3091, CAS# 104-67-6) offers both fragrance and flavor applications. For fragrance, it can be used in small amounts to combine with nonalactone for gardenia, tuberose and lilac scents. For flavor, its sweet, peach-like, oily-fruity profile can be used in imitation peach and fruity flavor applications, as well as a fixative for volatile fruit esters.
March 22, 2012
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 149Progress in Essential Oils: Silver Fir or Abies alba oil
- 60Progress in Essential Oils: Santolina Oil, Solidago canadensis Oil and More
- 53Progress in Essential Oils: Lemon Verbena Oil
- 37Growing Indian Sandalwood in Australia
- 31Progress in Essential Oils: Spike Lavender
- 29Indian Sandalwood Returns to the Perfumer’s Palette
- 21Intoxicating Jasmine: There’s No Substitute for the Real Thing
- 20Historical Perspective: The Indian Essential Oil Industry
- 17Progress in Essential Oils: October 2016
- 16Sustainable Raw Materials in Nepal
- Material review: In Search of Rocky Mountain Juniper
4/6/2016, Éva-Marie Lind, Floracopeia
- Material review: Searching for the Real Ravensara (Ravensara aromatica Sonn.) Essential Oil
4/6/2016, Hector Juliani
- Progress in Essential Oils
4/6/2016, Brian M. Lawrence
- Armoise-Artemesia Herba Alba
4/13/2016, Seymour Lemberg, PhD
- Gas chromatographic examination of an essential oil of Santolina chamaecyparissus L.
4/14/2016, L. N. Misra, M. S. Siddiqui, S. K. Srivastava, B. P. Dimri