A colorless to pale, straw-colored slightly viscous liquid, Bell Flavors & Fragrances' γ-undecalactone, natural (FEMA# 3091, CAS# 104-67-6) offers both fragrance and flavor applications. For fragrance, it can be used in small amounts to combine with nonalactone for gardenia, tuberose and lilac scents. For flavor, its sweet, peach-like, oily-fruity profile can be used in imitation peach and fruity flavor applications, as well as a fixative for volatile fruit esters.
March 12, 2012
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 501Growing Indian Sandalwood in Australia
- 33Material review: Kashmir Lavender Oil
- 28Progress in Essential Oils: Long Pepper Oil
- 27IFEAT/RIFM First Results of Essential Oil Safety Testing Complete
- 24Amyris Advances with Second Fragrance Molecule
- 22Progress in Essential Oils
- 16Progress in Essential Oils: February 2012
- 14Progress in Essential Oils: Sweet Fennel Oil and Extract
- 14Progress in Essential Oils: Asafoetida Oil
- 12Grapefruit Flower Oil
- Historical Perspective: The Indian Essential Oil Industry
4/30/2009, Rishabh C. Kothari, CKC Fragrances & Flavours Pvt. Ltd.
- Essential Oils: Prospects for Supplier Consolidation
1/19/2009, Gueric Boucard, Texarome, Inc.
- The Three Pillars of Smart Sustainability
2/27/2009, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor
- Immortelle’s Sustainable Resurgence
4/10/2009, Pierre-Jean Hellivan, Charabot
- Orris: A Star of Inspiration
6/15/2009, Pierre-Jean Hellivan, Charabot