A panel of interdisciplinary scientists is calling for information on fragrance ingredients from the RIFM Human Health Group Summary on alkyl cyclic ketones and will review this group in May 2011. Some materials representative of this group are:
- 1-(3,3-Dimethylcyclohexyl)ethan-1-one (CAS# 25304-14-7)
- Methyl 2,6,10-trimethylcyclododeca-2,5,9-trien-1-yl ketone (CAS# 28371-99-5)
- 1-(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8-Octahydro-2,3,8,8-tetramethyl-2-naphthalenyl)ethanone (CAS#’s 54464-57-2, 68155-66-8, 68155-67-9)
- 1-(5,5-Dimethyl-1-cyclohexen-1-yl)pent-4-en-1-one (CAS# 56973-85-4)
- Acetyl cedrene (CAS# 32388-55-9)
- 1-(2,6,6-Trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1-yl)pent-1-en-3-one (CAS# 7779-30-8)
Information regarding these fragrance materials should be submitted by e-mail to Dr. Ladd Smith, email@example.com, by April 15, 2011 to be considered for the May 2011 meeting. A request to present information in-person, if desired, should be included in the e-mail to Dr. Smith. Information received from interested parties will be included as part of the background assembled for discussion of these items. Requests to present to the panel during one of its meetings will undergo a formal review and presenters should be willing and prepared to answer questions from the panel.