Hydrocarbons have a rather restricted use as ingredients for the fragrance and flavor industries. However, they are abundant in nature and are used extensively as key starting materials for other important aroma chemicals. Hydrocarbons include simple aliphatic molecules, terpenes—both acyclic and cyclic—and benzene rings. All of these hydrocarbon types will be discussed herein.
December 17, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Raw Materials
- 162Amyris Advances with Second Fragrance Molecule
- 59Schiff Bases — A Primer
- 49Progress in Essential Oils: Spanish Oregano Oil
- 48Fragrance Creation: Gardenia in Perfumery
- 22Perfumer’s Notes: Javanol
- 22Demystifying Wisteria sinensis
- 19Patent Pick: Lemon Rose
- 19Progress in Essential Oils: Turmeric Oil, Part 2
- 18Cover Story: Leaf Alcohol Preparation
- 17New Perfume Materials