It would linger, gradually diminishing in intensity, over a period of time that was dictated by its own volatility and the properties of its carrier. All of the technical advances that perfumery has known in terms of analysis and synthesis, production, and application, have not altered the fact that once we release a fragrance, we have no more control over its expansion and its fading in the dimensions of space and time than did the ancients who first used it for their religious ceremonies, worldly feasts and personal embellishment.
Digitally Delivered Fragrance and the Perfumer
May 30, 2006
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Multi-use
- 176The Role of Fragrance in Product Development
- 113Patent Pick: Scent-driven 'Time Travel'
- 70Scensing Cleanliness: Fragrance for Better Living
- 46Free Article Download: IFRA Reveals a Fragrance Formula ... in Defense of Trade Secrets
- 22Formula for Success: Innovation in Fragrance
- 15EXCLUSIVE EXCERPT: Eternity: Ideas and Evolution
- 14The Evolving Links Between Scent and Color
- 10Sandalwood and Sandalwood Compounds
- 10The Role of Fragrances in Household Products
- 9Honeysuckle in Perfumery and Cosmetics
- Raw Material Bulletin: December 2015
1/13/2016, Perfumer & Flavorist editors
- Interrelation of trends in the American fragrance market and the essential oil industry
4/14/2016, John E. Porter
- Musk Aroma Chemical Industry
4/6/2016, Lauren Barbetta, Theodore Trowbridge, and 1.A. Eldib, PhD
4/6/2016, George S. Clark,
- Continuous Steam Distillation of Essential Oils
4/6/2016, G. R. Boucard and R. W. Setth,