Essential oils are the artistic and romantic part of the fragrance and flavor industry. They are the origin of scent and taste; they are unique and cannot be completely imitated due to their extraordinary complexity. Today, there is a return to natural products for their intrinsic added value. Spain’s geographic location and terrain, as well as its particular ecology, make it an ideal place for growing, harvesting and distilling aromatic plants. More than 1,000 species, varieties and cultivars are grown in Spanish fields, 150 of which are endemic. The rugged terrain of the peninsula and its variety of soils and climates (Euro-Siberian in the north and Mediterranean in the Levante region and the south) mean that tropical and alpine vegetation can exist within a short distance of each other. As a result, Spain is home to not just the most important species from Central European countries, but also those of the Mediterranean basin, Europe and North Africa.
Spanish Essential Oils
March 30, 2012
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Multi-use
- 179The Role of Fragrance in Product Development
- 111Patent Pick: Scent-driven 'Time Travel'
- 69Scensing Cleanliness: Fragrance for Better Living
- 47Free Article Download: IFRA Reveals a Fragrance Formula ... in Defense of Trade Secrets
- 29Formula for Success: Innovation in Fragrance
- 14EXCLUSIVE EXCERPT: Eternity: Ideas and Evolution
- 14The Evolving Links Between Scent and Color
- 11The Role of Fragrances in Household Products
- 10Honeysuckle in Perfumery and Cosmetics
- 10Amber Perfumes, Compounds and Specialties
- The history of lavender oil: Disturbing inferences for the future of essential oils
4/20/2016, E.F.K. Denny
- The Essential Oil from Rosmarinus officinalis L.
4/6/2016, Mans H. Boelens
- Aroma Quality of Lavender Water: a Comparative Study
4/6/2016, Anne Plotto, Donald Roberts, Heesup Kim, Mina McDaniel
- Environmental Fragrances: The State of the Art and Packaging
4/8/2016, Seymour Murray Kent
- Fragrance application in consumer products
4/22/2016, Irwin Palefsky