Top Flavor Trends Sizzle in McCormick's 2014 Flavor Forecast
Posted: March 17, 2014
With warm weather on the horizon, McCormick & Company has released its McCormick Grill Mates & Lawry’s Flavor Forecast 2014: Grilling Edition, which reveals the top flavors and trends sizzling on grills this season.
“For example, food lovers everywhere are seeking out their next big chile thrill," said Kevan Vetter, a chef of the McCormick Kitchens. "They’re stuffing jalapenos in their favorite burgers or creating quick homemade Sriracha BBQ sauces.”
The trends and themes include:
- Brazilian BBQ—Grillers are taking restaurant-style Brazilian BBQ to their backyards with wow-worthy dishes like skewered meats in zesty marinades ensuring Latin American flair in every bite.
- Fired Up Chilies—From chile-stuffed burgers to ribs slathered with homemade Sriracha BBQ sauces, grilling with chilies is fueling the obsession for bolder, more exciting flavors.
- Fiesta Inspired Cookout—Grillers infuse summer staples like beer can chicken, corn on the cob and even frozen beverages with vibrant flavors.
- Big Flavor, Small Bites—Small grills are great for saving space and urban grillers use them to create dishes amped up with herbs and spices, like Korean pork and s’mores-stuffed strawberries, served right off the grates.
- Indian Expedition: Backyard Style—Grill enthusiasts are exploring the richly spiced flavors of India and adding them to appetizers, entrees and desserts for a fresh new taste.
- For the Love of Steak—With the right seasoning and simple techniques, backyard cooks are getting fantastic flavor out of affordable cuts like sirloin and flank.