Most Popular in:
McCormick Forecasts 2013 Grilling Season Trends
Posted: April 23, 2013
McCormick is forecasting that smoke and spice pairings, grilled fruit drinks and DIY condiments are among the list of trends that will be sizzling on barbecues across the country.
The following are the leading trends from the McCormick Grill Mates & Lawry's Flavor Forecast 2013 Grilling Edition:
7 Flavors to Watch:
- Sweet Tea
- Smoked Tomato
- Pecan Wood
- White Peach
Other trends include:
- DIY Condiments: Personalized condiments are shaking up traditional burger hot dog and sausage toppers such as Smoky Tomato Ketchup with Poblano Chile.
- 5-Minute Marinating: This hands-on method slashes prep time and delivers big flavor in less time than it takes to heat the grates such as Spicy Teriyaki-Marinated Flank Steak with Grilled Peaches.
- Charred Fruit Drinks: Adding grilled fruits to classic summertime drinks like sangria, lemonade and iced tea imparts a unique sweet and smoky flavor such as Fresh Lemonade with Grilled Lemons and Watermelon.
- Social S'mores: Taking inspiration from the nostalgic flame-roasted treat, Chocolate Pretzel Social S'mores, a play on s'mores, features a gooey vanilla marshmallow creme that requires no toasting.
- Smoke & Spice Pairings: Pairing the right spice blend and wood flavor with favorite foods takes grilling to new heights such as Molasses-Bacon Pork Tenderloin with Smoked Tomatoes.
- Breads on the Grill: Breads of all shapes, sizes and origins offer new flavors and textures for grillers to explore such as Grilled Naan served with Arugula & Pine Nut Pesto.