A New York Times story reports that some 180 food plants have been shuttered in light of 23,000 food safety violations. The results, the product of a sweep started in December, were announced in the wake of numerous food safety crises in recent months. The Times story estimates that $100 billion in infrastructure upgrades will be necessary to prevent further violations.
180 Chinese Food Plants Closed
November 13, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Regulatory
- 462Defining Natural in Flavor Substances
- 268Keeping Up with Consumers & Regulations at Flavorcon 2017
- 996th Edition of Food Chemical Codex Now Open-Source
- 53Naturally Does It
- 50Regulatory Watch: Trans Fat, GRAS, Fragrance Guidelines and More
- 37Carrageenan -- Out (Mic. Drop)
- 36Defending Flavors
- 34Regulatory View: The Taste Test
- 31Ensuring Regulatory Compliance for Flavor Companies
- 31EU Deletes Four Flavor Ingredients on Safety Concerns
- Flavor Applications in Wine
5/2/2016, Saul Spector
- The safe use of flavors—update
5/2/2016, Roger Middlekauf
- Labeling of Alcoholic Beverages
5/2/2016, Rus Schay
- 2nd symposium of The Society of Flavor Chemists "Flavors--Safety and Regulations"
- Defining Natural in Flavor Substances
1/27/2017, By Fanny Lambert, Joseph Zucca, Biotechnology Department, MANE SA, Le Bar sur Loup, France; B Christine Schippa, Analytical Department, MANE SA, Le Bar sur Loup, France