To read the summary of changes in the Regulation, click here.
EC Regulation on Flavourings
January 20, 2009
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Regulatory
- 245Campbell Starts to Label 'GMO'
- 173FDA Dissuades Using ‘GMO’ Acronym on Labels
- 153Flavorchem Launches Line of Non-GMO Ingredients
- 1286th Edition of Food Chemical Codex Now Open-Source
- 75Update: Flavor Under Fire in E-Cigarettes
- 41OEHHA Intends to List β-Myrcene and Pulegone as Cancer Causing
- 31EFSA: Citrus Flavor Perilla Aldehyde is Unsafe, Genotoxic
- 29FDA Asks Public How to Define 'Natural'?
- 26FEMA Updates GRAS List
- 26FEMA GRAS 27 List Adds New Materials, Nixes Quinoline and More
The Regulation on Flavourings, as approved by European Parliament (EP), has been published, including major changes in relation to the scope, definition, labelling, and evaluation and authorization of flavorings. In addition, it comprises changes in some regulatory aspects and risk management of certain substances. The final directive will be a binding as of January 20, 2011. Until then, the current national regulation will be in force.
- How to: Organic Certification
5/13/2009, Jessica Walden and Ellen Holton, Quality Assurance International Inc.
- Ensuring Regulatory Compliance for Flavor Companies
1/9/2009, Patty Benson, SAFC
- A Structured Approach toward Standardized Specifications for the Flavor Industry
3/18/2009, G. Lösing, B. Ebeling, J. Foerstner, R. Althage, C.O. Schmidt and G.E. Krammer, Symrise
- Naturally Does It
11/16/2009, Steve Pringle (with John Gilroy), Frutarom USA
- NEXT: Commoditization and Food/Flavor Safety
1/13/2010, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor