To read the summary of changes in the Regulation, click here.
EC Regulation on Flavourings
January 20, 2009
Most Popular in Regulatory
- 546FDA Asks Public How to Define 'Natural'?
- 2836th Edition of Food Chemical Codex Now Open-Source
- 270EU Proposal Updates Novel Foods Law, Talks Nano Ingredients
- 209European Commission Orders to Remove Perilla Aldehyde Flavoring
- 196EFSA: Citrus Flavor Perilla Aldehyde is Unsafe, Genotoxic
- 55Publication of Sixth Food Chemicals Codex
- 49FEMA Updates GRAS List
- 48FEMA GRAS 26 Now Available
- 34OEHHA Intends to List β-Myrcene and Pulegone as Cancer Causing
- 30Ensuring Regulatory Compliance for Flavor Companies
The Regulation on Flavourings, as approved by European Parliament (EP), has been published, including major changes in relation to the scope, definition, labelling, and evaluation and authorization of flavorings. In addition, it comprises changes in some regulatory aspects and risk management of certain substances. The final directive will be a binding as of January 20, 2011. Until then, the current national regulation will be in force.
- How to: Organic Certification
5/13/2009, Jessica Walden and Ellen Holton, Quality Assurance International Inc.
- Ensuring Regulatory Compliance for Flavor Companies
1/9/2009, Patty Benson, SAFC
- A Structured Approach toward Standardized Specifications for the Flavor Industry
3/18/2009, G. Lösing, B. Ebeling, J. Foerstner, R. Althage, C.O. Schmidt and G.E. Krammer, Symrise
- Naturally Does It
11/16/2009, Steve Pringle (with John Gilroy), Frutarom USA
- NEXT: Commoditization and Food/Flavor Safety
1/13/2010, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor