The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has appointed 191 scientists to its scientific committee in order to reinforce its impartiality and independence. Almost 50 percent of the 191 scientists are new, while the remainders have had their three-year term renewed. The European Commission, the European Parliament and Member States rely on the EFSA as an independent and transparent risk assessment process as a basis for taking informed risk management decisions.
EFSA Increases Scientific Committee Numbers
January 2, 2009
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Regulatory
- 465Defining Natural in Flavor Substances
- 256Keeping Up with Consumers & Regulations at Flavorcon 2017
- 986th Edition of Food Chemical Codex Now Open-Source
- 53Naturally Does It
- 49Regulatory Watch: Trans Fat, GRAS, Fragrance Guidelines and More
- 36Carrageenan -- Out (Mic. Drop)
- 36Defending Flavors
- 34Regulatory View: The Taste Test
- 31EU Deletes Four Flavor Ingredients on Safety Concerns
- 30Ensuring Regulatory Compliance for Flavor Companies
- Flavor Applications in Wine
5/2/2016, Saul Spector
- The safe use of flavors—update
5/2/2016, Roger Middlekauf
- Labeling of Alcoholic Beverages
5/2/2016, Rus Schay
- 2nd symposium of The Society of Flavor Chemists "Flavors--Safety and Regulations"
- Defining Natural in Flavor Substances
1/27/2017, By Fanny Lambert, Joseph Zucca, Biotechnology Department, MANE SA, Le Bar sur Loup, France; B Christine Schippa, Analytical Department, MANE SA, Le Bar sur Loup, France