The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has appointed 191 scientists to its scientific committee in order to reinforce its impartiality and independence. Almost 50 percent of the 191 scientists are new, while the remainders have had their three-year term renewed. The European Commission, the European Parliament and Member States rely on the EFSA as an independent and transparent risk assessment process as a basis for taking informed risk management decisions.
EFSA Increases Scientific Committee Numbers
June 6, 2006
Most Popular in Regulatory
- 543FDA Asks Public How to Define 'Natural'?
- 2836th Edition of Food Chemical Codex Now Open-Source
- 270EU Proposal Updates Novel Foods Law, Talks Nano Ingredients
- 211European Commission Orders to Remove Perilla Aldehyde Flavoring
- 196EFSA: Citrus Flavor Perilla Aldehyde is Unsafe, Genotoxic
- 56Publication of Sixth Food Chemicals Codex
- 48FEMA Updates GRAS List
- 47FEMA GRAS 26 Now Available
- 34OEHHA Intends to List β-Myrcene and Pulegone as Cancer Causing
- 31Ensuring Regulatory Compliance for Flavor Companies
- How to: Organic Certification
5/13/2009, Jessica Walden and Ellen Holton, Quality Assurance International Inc.
- Ensuring Regulatory Compliance for Flavor Companies
1/9/2009, Patty Benson, SAFC
- A Structured Approach toward Standardized Specifications for the Flavor Industry
3/18/2009, G. Lösing, B. Ebeling, J. Foerstner, R. Althage, C.O. Schmidt and G.E. Krammer, Symrise
- Naturally Does It
11/16/2009, Steve Pringle (with John Gilroy), Frutarom USA
- NEXT: Commoditization and Food/Flavor Safety
1/13/2010, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor