The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has signed an agreement with the US Food and Drug Administration to increase information exchange between the regulatory bodies. EFSA, which has just celebrated its fifth anniversary, anticipates forming additional agreements with governments in Japan and Oceania.
EFSA, US FDA Sign Cooperation Agreement
November 26, 2007
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Regulatory
- 213Campbell Starts to Label 'GMO'
- 162FDA Dissuades Using ‘GMO’ Acronym on Labels
- 145Flavorchem Launches Line of Non-GMO Ingredients
- 1336th Edition of Food Chemical Codex Now Open-Source
- 64Update: Flavor Under Fire in E-Cigarettes
- 45OEHHA Intends to List β-Myrcene and Pulegone as Cancer Causing
- 39European Commission Orders to Remove Perilla Aldehyde Flavoring
- 33EFSA: Citrus Flavor Perilla Aldehyde is Unsafe, Genotoxic
- 27FEMA GRAS 26 Now Available
- 27FEMA GRAS 27 List Adds New Materials, Nixes Quinoline and More
- How to: Organic Certification
5/13/2009, Jessica Walden and Ellen Holton, Quality Assurance International Inc.
- Ensuring Regulatory Compliance for Flavor Companies
1/9/2009, Patty Benson, SAFC
- A Structured Approach toward Standardized Specifications for the Flavor Industry
3/18/2009, G. Lösing, B. Ebeling, J. Foerstner, R. Althage, C.O. Schmidt and G.E. Krammer, Symrise
- Naturally Does It
11/16/2009, Steve Pringle (with John Gilroy), Frutarom USA
- NEXT: Commoditization and Food/Flavor Safety
1/13/2010, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor