The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has signed an agreement with the US Food and Drug Administration to increase information exchange between the regulatory bodies. EFSA, which has just celebrated its fifth anniversary, anticipates forming additional agreements with governments in Japan and Oceania.
EFSA, US FDA Sign Cooperation Agreement
November 26, 2007
Most Popular in Regulatory
- 561FDA Asks Public How to Define 'Natural'?
- 273EU Proposal Updates Novel Foods Law, Talks Nano Ingredients
- 2436th Edition of Food Chemical Codex Now Open-Source
- 160EFSA: Citrus Flavor Perilla Aldehyde is Unsafe, Genotoxic
- 105European Commission Orders to Remove Perilla Aldehyde Flavoring
- 39Publication of Sixth Food Chemicals Codex
- 36FEMA GRAS 26 Now Available
- 32FDA Warning Reminder: Whole Stevia Leaf Not GRAS Approved
- 31FEMA Updates GRAS List
- 29OEHHA Intends to List β-Myrcene and Pulegone as Cancer Causing
- How to: Organic Certification
5/13/2009, Jessica Walden and Ellen Holton, Quality Assurance International Inc.
- Ensuring Regulatory Compliance for Flavor Companies
1/9/2009, Patty Benson, SAFC
- A Structured Approach toward Standardized Specifications for the Flavor Industry
3/18/2009, G. Lösing, B. Ebeling, J. Foerstner, R. Althage, C.O. Schmidt and G.E. Krammer, Symrise
- Naturally Does It
11/16/2009, Steve Pringle (with John Gilroy), Frutarom USA
- NEXT: Commoditization and Food/Flavor Safety
1/13/2010, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor