"My whole message today is: How can you produce a safe product for its intended use and then find a way to [effectively] communication how people should use that product," said attorney Jacqueline Simmons, a partner at Baker & Daniels, during a contentious breakfast session of the Society of Flavor Chemists during the Institute of Flavor Technologists expo in Chicago.
October 28, 2010
Most Popular in Regulatory
- 563FDA Asks Public How to Define 'Natural'?
- 273EU Proposal Updates Novel Foods Law, Talks Nano Ingredients
- 2286th Edition of Food Chemical Codex Now Open-Source
- 151EFSA: Citrus Flavor Perilla Aldehyde is Unsafe, Genotoxic
- 72European Commission Orders to Remove Perilla Aldehyde Flavoring
- 35FEMA GRAS 26 Now Available
- 34Publication of Sixth Food Chemicals Codex
- 32FDA Warning Reminder: Whole Stevia Leaf Not GRAS Approved
- 32FEMA Updates GRAS List
- 28OEHHA Intends to List β-Myrcene and Pulegone as Cancer Causing
- How to: Organic Certification
5/13/2009, Jessica Walden and Ellen Holton, Quality Assurance International Inc.
- Ensuring Regulatory Compliance for Flavor Companies
1/9/2009, Patty Benson, SAFC
- A Structured Approach toward Standardized Specifications for the Flavor Industry
3/18/2009, G. Lösing, B. Ebeling, J. Foerstner, R. Althage, C.O. Schmidt and G.E. Krammer, Symrise
- Naturally Does It
11/16/2009, Steve Pringle (with John Gilroy), Frutarom USA
- NEXT: Commoditization and Food/Flavor Safety
1/13/2010, Jeb Gleason-Allured, Editor