Examination of the published literature reveals that data on the world production of essential oils is scarce and in some cases non-existent. In 1974, and again in 1986, reports on the market and production levels of oils and oleoresins were published by UNTAD/GATT.1,2 Lawrence reported on the commercial production of essential oils in the United States other than citrus oils.3 Lawrence published a survey on the world production of essential oils for the year 1984.4 Verlet also surveyed the production of oils worldwide, much of which supported the earlier published data.5-7 The data contained in this article was originally presented at a one-day meeting organized by Società Italiana delle Scienze e delle Tecniche Erboristiche (S.I.S.T.E.) on Sept. 12, 2008, in Bologna, Italy.
A Preliminary Report on the World Production of Some Selected Essential Oils and Countries
December 17, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 772Sustainability in Madagascar's Vanilla Supply Chain
- 734Clean Labels Grow Into 2022
- 371A Natural and a Pod: Commonalities in Vanilla and Tea Processing
- 277U.S. Vanilla Regulations—Time for an Update?
- 243Organic Flavor Clarification
- 101Key materials: Inside Vanilla
- 81Flavor Bites: 2-Acetyl Pyrazine
- 71Mint: Perspectives from Field to Formulation
- 60Plant-Based Bacon Flavor? Industry-Tested, Vegan-Approved
- 50Progress in Essential Oils: Lavender Oil