Examination of the published literature reveals that data on the world production of essential oils is scarce and in some cases non-existent. In 1974, and again in 1986, reports on the market and production levels of oils and oleoresins were published by UNTAD/GATT.1,2 Lawrence reported on the commercial production of essential oils in the United States other than citrus oils.3 Lawrence published a survey on the world production of essential oils for the year 1984.4 Verlet also surveyed the production of oils worldwide, much of which supported the earlier published data.5-7 The data contained in this article was originally presented at a one-day meeting organized by Società Italiana delle Scienze e delle Tecniche Erboristiche (S.I.S.T.E.) on Sept. 12, 2008, in Bologna, Italy.
A Preliminary Report on the World Production of Some Selected Essential Oils and Countries
December 17, 2008
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 225Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials - July 2016
- 167Red Alert: Sensient Announces Super Heat Natural Red
- 124Organic Flavor Clarification
- 54Progress in Essential Oils: Tagetes Oil
- 33γ-Decalactone: March 2016
- 32Natural Raw Materials for Natural WONF Flavors
- 32Raw Material Bulletin: May 2016
- 27Progress in Essential Oils
- 20Caproic Acid
- 18The Composition of Blackcurrant Absolute (Ribes Nigrum)