Taste Advantage has introduced natural 2-phenyl-ethyl octanoate (FEMA# 3222, CAS# 5457-70-5), which occurs naturally in beer, rum, sherry and wine. It can be used in beer, rum, sherry, wine, grape and other fruit flavor applications, and has a mild, fruity, winelike odor and flavor. Recommended usage levels in finished products is 0.1–5.0 ppm.
Natural 2-Phenyl-ethyl Octanoate
March 16, 2012
Fill out my online form.
Most Popular in Natural
- 303The Future of Artificial Flavors & Ingredients
- 268Mane Launches Authentic and Fresh Herb Range
- 158Organic Flavor Clarification
- 152Progress in Essential Oils: Spanish Marjoram Oil
- 59Clean Labels Grow Into 2022
- 57The Continuing Evolution of Terpene Products and Specialties
- 45Microgreens Reporting for Duty
- 39Sustainability in Madagascar's Vanilla Supply Chain
- 38Natural Raw Materials for Natural WONF Flavors
- 33A Natural and a Pod: Commonalities in Vanilla and Tea Processing
- Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials: January 2005
5/5/2016, Gerard Mosciano
- Raw Material Bulletin: May 2016
- Progress in Essential Oils: Tagetes Oil
5/10/2016, Brian M. Lawrence
- Organoleptic Characteristics of Flavor Materials - July 2016
7/6/2016, Judith Michalski
- U.S. Vanilla Regulations—Time for an Update?
8/2/2016, Krishna Bala and Patrick Dunphy